Late lane mergers, ram ur car in there why don't u :@

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
Hate these people so much, I'm a very courteous driver and give way when needs be. But ****** hell late lane mergers really grinds me gear!

One road I go past every day, merges two lanes into one, and most people are nice enough to go one left one right etc. but then there's those Vectra and Zafira drivers who decide to ram their car into a space that doesn't exist!!!! Yea well done mate your now a car ahead, was it worth trying to cause an accident to get ahead? Spastics

Reactions: PaulAr
**** happens i let them get on with it

Ride the white lines and block them twats from going through!?

BTW i dont ride the lines OR be the **** who rams into an invisible gap. Hell, today i didnt even middle lane hog!

Reactions: JudderMan
The same applies to the twats that have to squeeze into the gap you leave for a safe breaking distance on the motorway.

Reactions: PaulAr
Ppl who dont keep left on motorways duel carriage ways when theys 1/2 mile plus between them and what they want to over take. Also staying there in a long cue overtaking a lorry a mile away with the left lane clear for mile

Reactions: JudderMan
I have a dream.............
I'm driving a beat up old Landrover with huge rusty bumpers and don't have a driving licence to lose, maybe I know I'm going to die next week. Burk in the BMW, Prat in the Porsche, **** in the Transit, F...g rep in his Ford, they all barge in front and so............
I decide NOT to take any avoiding action, "well it all happened so quickly officer"...CRASH TINKLE CRUNCH!!! Oh dear what a shame, shiny poncy cars all mangled, but just another scratch lost amidst a million others on my Landrover. As if I cared. Result.

Reactions: @udi A3
similar again at the same merger! this idiot cut it proper close, used the Horn though :-D :aggressive:

Was wishing something like this would happen lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sevv and StateOfPlay
Got my own back today. Proceeding along dual-carriageway at 70mph with no other traffic except Porsche fast catching me up as I begin to slow approaching a coned off section leading into road works. Porsche decides not to slow but positions himself ready to barge past at the last minute as the road narrows. He fails because I move out ever so slightly to block him.
Then comes the best part. The posted speed through the road works is 50mph monitored by average speed cameras. With nobody else behind the Porsche who will be inconvenienced I set the cruise control to 40mph and there it stays for 3 miles. The Porsche sits on my tail occasionally weaving about but of course cannot get past. When the road works has been cleared off he angrily roars & I suspect is going well over the limit within seconds. As I pick up speed back to 70mph and breast the brow of a hill ahead on an over-bridge is a speed camera van. Result, as me thinks Porsche person will soon have a fine to pay and some pretty points on a licence.

Last week as I approached a roundabout in the right lane to turn right, a Porsche tried to undertake me to make the same right turn. He failed, and put his 911 down the banking and backwards into the fence.

How I laughed :)

I have a dream.............
I'm driving a beat up old Landrover with huge rusty bumpers and don't have a driving licence to lose, maybe I know I'm going to die next week. Burk in the BMW, Prat in the Porsche, **** in the Transit, F...g rep in his Ford, they all barge in front and so............
I decide NOT to take any avoiding action, "well it all happened so quickly officer"...CRASH TINKLE CRUNCH!!! Oh dear what a shame, shiny poncy cars all mangled, but just another scratch lost amidst a million others on my Landrover. As if I cared. Result.

Thats exactly what i drive as my everyday motor, except instead of the rusty bumper i have a massive pto driven winch, with a suitably large galved bumper.
Dont get much bother, plenty of incidents with mirrors and only last week woman in the wrong lane side swiped me and was sure it was my fault, until i showed her the arrows in the road clearly showing she was in the lane to turn right!
Defender mirrors complete are just under a fiver, so i cant complain and its always amusing.

Lynall

Totally agree with the posts above. I usually just let them get on with it now. Them same can be said for people on merge and turn who merge out and block the outside lane with a good 200 yards before the road narrows.

For example a round about I use often has three busy roads joining one which has two exiting lanes merging into one. The direction I come from positions me into the outside lane meaning I have to merge in about 600-700 yards down the road. The inside lane is usually crawling at peak times. Anyway, 5 times out of 10 some idiot will pull out from the inside lane thus preventing the traffic in the outside lane from using the two lanes to their full potential. This then just pushes more cars back onto the roundabout. I just laugh and let them get on with it. What they gain by doing this is beyond me.

Reactions: Sevv and sliced