Last TOP GEAR tonight

top gear takes over bbc from 7pm

Tired of TV Christmas specials so sugary they threaten to give you diabetes?
Fear not, because the controller of BBC Two has somewhat bravely allowed Jeremy, Richard and James to pick and present a whole evening of Top Gear-flavoured telly.
We can guarantee there won't be a snub-nosed carol-singing urchin in sight and Gloria Hunniford has been barred from the building.
Instead you'll be treated to a festive smorgasbord, including James May's nostalgic look at the toys of the past, Richard Hammond's meeting with the world's greatest ever daredevil stuntman and Clarkson's surprisingly dignified appearance on Have I got News For You, not to mention the last in the current series of Top Gear.
It all kicks off at 7pm on Sunday 23 December on BBC Two, just after The Great Escape. We think Steve McQueen would have approved.
7pm James May: My Sister's Top Toys

8pm Top Gear

9pm Richard Hammond Meets Evel Knievel

10pm Have I Got News For You (hosted by Jeremy Clarkson)

10.30pm Match Of The Day 2 (not hosted by Jeremy Clarkson)

11.30pm Viva Knievel!
Sunday 23 December, BBC Two

RS4 beaten around the track by the Merc and BMW! Still prefer it looks-wise to the others though.

Issac Hunt said:
RS4 beaten around the track by the Merc and BMW! Still prefer it looks-wise to the others though.
Beaten by the Merc but hammered by the BMW.

james0808 said:
Beaten by the Merc but hammered by the BMW.
BUT still the bmw is not a FOUR DOOR and it needs a carbon fibre roof to do it

Would choose the RS4 over the Merc and the BMW !

Thought the BMW is a 2 door not a 4 door ! - But guessing the above is a typo !

Richard

But guessing the above is a typo !

Richard[/QUOTE]

??

M3 is probably the best car, but it looks sooo boring outside. RS4 or AMG for me, if I spent the type of money to own one of them, I want it to be noticed! :cool:
I would however, be happy to drive any one of the three home. :racer:

WHITEY_1 said:
BUT still the bmw is not a FOUR DOOR and it needs a carbon fibre roof to do it
There is a four door on its way and yes your right without that CF roof it would of been 5 seconds a lap slower ,:noway:
I agree with jojo,the M3 is the best car but is nothing to look at compared with the other two.

To be honest I was quite disappointed how the Merc looked! I didnt think the bmw looked that bad, I was totally shocked to see how the rs4 handled compared to these 2 cars but nevertheless stunning cars all 3! It makes you think how far they are willing to push these cars!:think:

Im gutted, for the 1st time ever I missed the ****** program!! Grrrrr, was having dinner with the inlaws and completely forgot to record it, d'oh!!!! Gonna try the BBC iplayer later when I get home, dont think I can wait for them to repeat it!!!

Aha, good old BBC iplayer coming to the rescue so managed to watch it when I got home! On the whole im not surprised the BMW could beat the other 2 cars to be honest the Merc is the same as all insanely powerful Merc in that its just too powerful and undriveable. The RS4 suffers the same as all 4wd drive cars in that it will understeer meaning tight cornering becomes tricky on the limit. On the whole though there hasnt been a single review i've seen of the BMW that dosent agree its a quick car, just that they wouldnt really want one! Its personal choice at the end of the day, BMW forums will be slating the RS4 now im sure but in the Audi's defence I do think it looks better, its a 4 door or Avant and so more practical, and the final point is that its taken BMW two years, yes thats TWO YEARS to come up with something to compete with the RS4!!! Hats off to Audi in my view :beerchug: