Last day with S3

OCDaveS4

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
So I’ve taken the plunge and am due to pick up a 67 plate S4 saloon today. Nice spec.

Have loved the S3 and definitely the best car I’ve owned in all round terms (not quite as exhilarating as the WRX even though it’s quicker) but I’ve test driven a few S4s now and it has a definite edge, for me at least!

Anyway, here’s hoping the S4 is up to scratch when I get to the Audi dealer (all done at a distance) - I’m prepared to walk away if there’s problem and will have wasted a day off work!!

Reactions: Jcbmally, josul, Audi Bairn and 8 others
Look forward to seeing the new car Dave. :)

Reactions: Jcbmally
Congrats, will be interesting to see how you get on as I'd love to eventually upgrade my S3 for an S4 Avant (older gen, like you, no diesel!)

Awe Dave .....buying a car blind....deary me....anyhow hope it goes well....S4 not me l prefer my faster S3.....:footy:lol

Ha ha ! Thanks for the comments folks! Just watched the S3 driven off :cry::cry: but have to say the S4 is lovely.

Black edition, Matrix Led, Carbon Atlas trim, VC, B&O 19” 5 spokes. Very pleased.

So it’s a bit slower and uses more petrol - what’s not to like!!!

Now for the 4 hour drive home ....!!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Leevr, Jcbmally and 2 others
Ha ha ! Thanks for the comments folks! Just watched the S3 driven off :cry::cry: but have to say the S4 is lovely.

Black edition, Matrix Led, Carbon Atlas trim, VC, B&O 19” 5 spokes. Very pleased.

Enjoy. Look forward to some pics of the car Later.

So ye changed yer car for matrix candles and wee bits of carbon....lol

Reactions: Scotty75, Jcbmally and OCDaveS4

......but what colour is it??

Reactions: OCDaveS4
I say white:whistle2:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, OCDaveS4, Sandra and 2 others
I’m going for Blue. Previous cars been blue

If I could have gotten one in Ara Blue, that would have been first choice. @jassyo06 was close - it's "Manhattan Grey", which looks rather nice with the black edition stuff.

I must say the matrix lights are entertaining! It was 8.00pm before I got to the country lanes of Essex and its incredible how they illuminate everything around the car in front !

Pics at the weekend, if I'm allowed time to clean it, after larking about for the last few weeks !! apparently there's some cleaning and gardening to be done!

Reactions: Leevr, Jcbmally, pburv and 3 others
......so, jassyo06 wins the prize, as he was closest with Grey....just the wrong one lol!!! Manhattan Grey is very nice, quite dark but classy looking .

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, OCDaveS4 and 2 others
Ohhhh I was sooooo close!
Great colour combo with the 'black pack'. Can't wait to see the pics mate.
@jassyo06 You can thank me for the prize mention. I hope you enjoy it haha :friends:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, Sandra and 1 other person
Ohhhh I was sooooo close!
Great colour combo with the 'black pack'. Can't wait to see the pics mate.
@jassyo06 You can thank me for the prize mention. I hope you enjoy it haha :friends:

Aye mate cheers....living the ASN dream....now.......lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, AllanG and 1 other person
If I could have gotten one in Ara Blue, that would have been first choice. @jassyo06 was close - it's "Manhattan Grey", which looks rather nice with the black edition stuff.

I must say the matrix lights are entertaining! It was 8.00pm before I got to the country lanes of Essex and its incredible how they illuminate everything around the car in front !

Pics at the weekend, if I'm allowed time to clean it, after larking about for the last few weeks !! apparently there's some cleaning and gardening to be done!

Have to agree on the matrix lighting, I have them on my TCR and they are fantastic.

Didnt realise a matrix style of led headlight was available on De Golf

I had them on the AMG, and they certainly work in the same way on the TCR. The way the light up the road is really impressive, I would definitely miss them if I didn't have on my next car.

Quick pics ! Nice carbon eh @jassyo06 ?!

Attachments

• 395B6F89-C36B-4557-B9E0-64BF7490423E.jpeg
    395B6F89-C36B-4557-B9E0-64BF7490423E.jpeg
    788.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 5350F2ED-DECD-4911-9685-EB14521E1E92.jpeg
    5350F2ED-DECD-4911-9685-EB14521E1E92.jpeg
    755.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 37B8E2A6-0FD2-407D-B167-B99C9004498D.jpeg
    37B8E2A6-0FD2-407D-B167-B99C9004498D.jpeg
    686.3 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: RS3 S., Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and 12 others
Stunning car Dave. I know you will enjoy it to the max. :)

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and OCDaveS4
Quick pics ! Nice carbon eh @jassyo06 ?!

Nice ride Dave - thumbs up on the v-spoke wheels, they suit the car and colour nicely. But I am biased :thumbs up:

And the red leather certainly adds a sense of occasion to the interior. Very nice. Look after those front seat bolsters - ease yourself in like you’re nursing haemorrhoids, lol. I recommend a frequent application of Colourlock Leather Shield (anti-friction coating and helps prevent dye transfer from jeans etc), particularly on the drivers seat which will get used the most.

And sort those exhaust tips out - pronto.

Enjoy mate.

Reactions: OCDaveS4
I'm sure its a lovely to drive, but its just too understated for me. It was the only thing I disliked about my S3.
Yep I know what you mean. I found that with Navarra on my S3, but contrast with @jassyo06 Voodoo Blue which is far from understated.
I think the understatement on the S4 in grey with the black pack gives it a suitably “mean” look, and the V6 gets me closer to the Impreza general feel !!!

Reactions: Chris4410, Jassyo06 and pburv
:thumbs up:
Nice ride Dave - thumbs up on the v-spoke wheels, they suit the car and colour nicely. But I am biased :thumbs up:

And the red leather certainly adds a sense of occasion to the interior. Very nice. Look after those front seat bolsters - ease yourself in like you’re nursing haemorrhoids, lol. I recommend a frequent application of Colourlock Leather Shield (anti-friction coating and helps prevent dye transfer from jeans etc), particularly on the drivers seat which will get used the most.

And sort those exhaust tips out - pronto.

Enjoy mate.
Ha ha thanks - don’t suppose you know the colour match for the grey on the Alloys for a little chip I’ve got (used hammerite as a stop-gap!). Thanks for advice on the leather

:thumbs up:
Ha ha thanks - don’t suppose you know the colour match for the grey on the Alloys for a little chip I’ve got (used hammerite as a stop-gap!). Thanks for advice on the leather
You could try this site.... Colour codes are at the bottom of the page :icon thumright:

http://robcheng.com/audiwheel/

Reactions: Jassyo06 and OCDaveS4
I'm sure its a lovely to drive, but its just too understated for me. It was the only thing I disliked about my S3.

I have to agree. Blink and you'd mistake it for a 2.0 TDI.

Audi really should make the S / RS models stand out a little more. Not Civic Type R standout. But certainly inject a little something into the styling.

Reactions: Chris4410 and OCDaveS4
I'm the opposite, I like that! unless someone knows what to look for it just looks normal until you leave them for dead at the lights :p

Reactions: Baldyone, SaraS3, Chris4410 and 2 others
I'm the opposite, I like that! unless someone knows what to look for it just looks normal until you leave them for dead at the lights :p

yeah I get that some people want that look, for me I want a S model to immediately stand out from the hundreds of sline 2.0 diesels on the road.

the look of the car is just as important as the performance to me.

Reactions: Jassyo06, S32B and Bryant1998