laptop battery drain

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
When i connect my genuine Vcds cable and work on car i am finding a battery drain and have to jump car , would this be a sign off battery dying or can anyone think off any other reasons this would do this only happens when vcds is connected for a length off time 10mins etc

Are you leaving your headlights on & are they xenons, if so then this will do it.

there Bi xenons i think @NHN but didn't have lights on as far as i recall , could the drl's do this in your opinion

I either have the car running or I switch of all lights as it does drain down quickly.

cheers Nig was wondering if i was doing something wrong and thats probably it , its fine once it gets a quick jump as i got a ford to idle and it turned no probs cheers for the help , maybe look into new battery too

When I run a scan with the lights on it gives me a BATTERY LOW beep in a few minutes. Just run your engine or turn off the lights as Nigel states :).

cheers Nig was wondering if i was doing something wrong and thats probably it , its fine once it gets a quick jump as i got a ford to idle and it turned no probs cheers for the help , maybe look into new battery too

Varta Silver Ultra Dynamic, 577400078 I think is the battery code, tayna do a great price & use a ctek 8 step charger.