Lane Assist Retrofit - Anyone tried it?

q2us3r

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I need to change the windscreen on my 2018 A3 8V due to a large crack on it - I always wanted to retrofit lane assist but changing the windscreen always proved too tricky so I wonder if this is my chance to ask Autoglass to just fit the one with the camera instead of the standard one (I imagine the cost difference between both is not that big).

Though I have some questions if anyone has done this retrofit before.
- So is the following everything that I need? New windscreen, camera, camera bracket (to cover it), harness, stalk - anything else?
- Does the camera have Component Protection (my guess would be yes, i.e. the side assist radars did)
- Does the camera need calibration if sourced from a similar car? (the side assist radars did not even though it was suggested, they worked perfectly once installed)
- Does the new stalk require any calibration? or is it a plug-and-play straight swap with the old one (with some coding to enable new button?)
- I noticed that the harness has two extra wires to connect to the ACC module? does the car need to have ACC to install Lane Assist? my car only has non-adaptive CC.
- Once installed, do you get traffic sign recognition for free? i.e. it's just coding to turn it on.

Thanks, anything would be useful.