Lane assist / OBDEleven B9 S-Line with pre-sense

Hi

Lane assist is on all the time and it’s fine to live with. Some people may say it’s annoying as it always keeps you in lane, but to them I say; indicate like you should and no issues.

The auto high beam; I tested when I posted this and never used it since, don’t drive in places where’s it’s needed. It activates with the stork so no button there.

For ACC you need to have the sensors installed in your bumper. You can’t just program it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lane assist didn't work for me, even though I have all the required modules and screen camera installed, it just threw a return to workshop error. The auto high beam works well though!

Yep! Is it a special case or lost cause?!!
2016 ones are slightly different I think. I did manage to do a friends and you need to go through doing it manually/long coding and I THINK this is the correct step to resolve it.

09 - Central Electrics
Heading Control Config>heading_control | Byte 35>Bit 0

Hi

Lane assist is on all the time and it’s fine to live with. Some people may say it’s annoying as it always keeps you in lane, but to them I say; indicate like you should and no issues.

The auto high beam; I tested when I posted this and never used it since, don’t drive in places where’s it’s needed. It activates with the stork so no button there.

For ACC you need to have the sensors installed in your bumper. You can’t just program it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, I've just activated it and don't have the button (so it'll be on all the time)
This is safe right? You've done the same, how has your experience with it on all the time been?

Thanks,

Hey, I've just activated it and don't have the button (so it'll be on all the time)
This is safe right? You've done the same, how has your experience with it on all the time been?

Thanks,
I've had mine on all the time for a few years now.

My experience..... We have quite a primitive version of detecting if your hands are on the wheel. I think in newer cars it detects hand pressure, in ours it detects movement of the wheel, this means if you are driving on a straight stretch and just not moving the wheel it will give you an annoying warning even though your hands are on the wheel. I find setting the assistance to "late" reduces this warning to almost zero as it requires more micro adjustments to keep straight (early is meant to keep you in the middle of the lane, late just in the lane)

Regarding keeping it on....I think there are plus and minuses. A few times it has tried to drive me into a ditch randomly when it doesn't recognise the markings properly! but also a few times it has notified me and steered me back when I haven't noticed I've drifted. I think on balance it's positive idea, and clearly that's why I still have it on. Knowing it can occasionally do random things keeps me more focussed, and having it on means it will cover me if my focus occasionally lapses.

Also to add, having it always on only mirrors newer cars where it's on my default also. The system will turn itself off in very bad weather when the camera cannot see effectively. You can also temporarily turn it off if it's really being annoying by turning ESP off....obviously this can have it's own risks, so you need to drive careful with this in mind, but I've found a good workaround when it's been doing strange things in torrential rain but hasn't turned itself off for some reason for example

Reactions: Ujw
I tried to enable the lane assist on my 2021 A4 Avant, which for stage 1 did complete and enabled "Active Lane Assist" option on MMI, however stage 2 wasn't available to activate. Car does have the camera but the flat bottomed steering wheel which I heard won't work with the system, nor the stalk. Decided to revert back to original, which cost me another 100 credits annoyingly. Have enabled the needle sweep, auto parking brakes, highway lights, central lock with ign (handy when cold weather) with OBDEleven apps.

I tried to enable the lane assist on my 2021 A4 Avant, which for stage 1 did complete and enabled "Active Lane Assist" option on MMI, however stage 2 wasn't available to activate. Car does have the camera but the flat bottomed steering wheel which I heard won't work with the system, nor the stalk. Decided to revert back to original, which cost me another 100 credits annoyingly. Have enabled the needle sweep, auto parking brakes, highway lights, central lock with ign (handy when cold weather) with OBDEleven apps.
Just an update I logged as fault with OBDEleven who have been in contact, and suggested trying on an Android device. I tried again on iOS (as a device I had wasn't compatible) as I didn't think it worked, but it did again on third attempt (as before) but this time I also applied the lane assist memory setting from memory (which was not on) to ON which did activate it which worked! I am going to however disable as I don't have the stalk on the car, so it can only be on or off and more of an annoyance/risk for me, as don't do very much motorway driving. The stage 2 wasn't available and wasn't needed in my case.