Landlord being a tw*t

sub39h

Reaction score
FML

so the last couple of days i've been on an advanced life support course - basically a course that gives medical staff the qualification to lead a cardiac arrest situation

so yesterday after my 11hr course day i return home to find that my key won't go in the lock. i called the emergency number given by my landlord but they told me that because it's not for the communal door they can't help me, and they can't let me into my flat

so after 3 hrs of trying to sort the key, speaking to different locksmiths and even a letting agent at 9pm at night (don't ask) i give up, and go to sleep in my car and email my landlord with the dissatisfaction i have regarding not being able to get into my flat and not having an emergency number.

today the prat emails me a number and tells me to get it sorted. IT'S NOT MY PROPERTY: I HAVE AN EXAM THAT WILL HELP ME SAVE LIVES AND I'M NOT GONNA BE IN ALL DAY, HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GET THE LOCK FIXED? ESPECIALLY AS I DON'T OWN THE FLAT, NO LOCKSMITH IS GONNA LET ME IN!!!

i even call the electrical company he owns, and the receptionist says they have no way of contacting him, and that he's in australia anyway. i get a reply from him accusing me of having broken the lock, and making such a fuss over £120 to get it opened. i mean wtf? i nearly fail a £400 course, have had to spend a night in my car before a course finale and exam and the emergency number i have doesn't give me access to my own flat and doesn't understand why i am ****** off?

what a ****. needless to say i won't be paying at least £120 of my rent next month.

PS - Birmingham drivers are SH!T. nearly got sideswiped by an M-Class who decided he wanted to go right from the left lane of a roundabout. dickfiend, i nearly got out of the car at the next set of traffic lights in preparation to smack the accusative glare he was giving from behind me as if I'D done something wrong by not stopping for him.

Now breathe!!! ;)

Good luck with your exam dude.

lol already passed the exam, but will little sleep and no revision. could have gone a lot worse, i'm just lucky that i've already done an ITU job so cardiac arrest situations are second nature to me even at my very junior level

your landlord is indeed a nipple.

Reactions: S4_dan
many thanks Sarah

lol i was just grumpy because of lack of sleep and low blood sugar. now i've had a nap, a mcdonald's and gone to the gym i'm a happy chappy again!

how goes the move?

many thanks Sarah

lol i was just grumpy because of lack of sleep and low blood sugar. now i've had a nap, a mcdonald's and gone to the gym i'm a happy chappy again!

how goes the move?

Ooohhh a Maccy D's, love those!!! but you being a Dr, you should eat better lol!!! Glad you are feeling better, bet you could have nutted him at the time!

Move is going well, thanks. Time seems to have speeded up and running out though! Booked the flights and go on the 18th!!!!!!

Well if your landlords in Oz, give sarah his number there, she can go round & slap the feckwit for yer, sure a few well sized choccy bars will pay for that job huh Sar :)

Well if your landlords in Oz, give sarah his number there, she can go round & slap the feckwit for yer, sure a few well sized choccy bars will pay for that job huh Sar :)

Ah you know me so well! Make it Galaxy Choc though!!!!

Ah you know me so well! Make it Galaxy Choc though!!!!

Lol if only you knew me 2 years ago when my dad still owned his cash & carry. I could have gotten you truckloads of the stuff! (literally :-S)

Kill his dog.

Sometimes you need to send out a stern message to these people.

When you move out leave a **** in the middle of the living room floor. And one hidden behind a cupboard.

Sub, do you live in a block of flats?

and congratulations on passing!

Well done on passing and trust Jo to know the 24hr Fast Food place!!

Just because if you do, the communal doors are going to be the responsibility of the block's management company, and your letting agent should be able to tell you who they are...

Doubt it was the communal door in a block of flats otherwise he would've just buzzed one of his neighbour's buzzers so they could let him in. Unless of course he's thick.
Sub, are you thick?

Kill his dog.

Sometimes you need to send out a stern message to these people.

i'm a dog lover. i'll kill his cat instead

Sub, do you live in a block of flats?

and congratulations on passing!

many thanks, and yes i do

Just because if you do, the communal doors are going to be the responsibility of the block's management company, and your letting agent should be able to tell you who they are...

it was my front door. basically there's a door to the complex which is one of those magnetic ones, then a door to my block and the key works fine for that one. but they key wouldn't work on the door that gives me direct access to my flat (there was 1 key for both doors)

Doubt it was the communal door in a block of flats otherwise he would've just buzzed one of his neighbour's buzzers so they could let him in. Unless of course he's thick.
Sub, are you thick?

it wasn't the communal door, it was my very own front door. there's only 2 flats per block anyway, and they're both 1 bed flats so the chances of the person being in in the flat below to let me in the communal door was fairly slim anyway, had that been the problem in the first place.

and i am thick, but shhh don't tell the GMC lol

Last edited:
lol i'm sure you've seen that junior doctors show... tho adam is a complete tool and none of us are that incompetent.

Last edited:
Hey I heard a good one. If his curtain poles are hollow, take the ends off, fill them with prawns, put the ends back on and wait for the smell!!! He will never think to look at the rails lol and the smell will kill him!!! Oh I know, im wicked! lol

Hey I heard a good one. If his curtain poles are hollow, take the ends off, fill them with prawns, put the ends back on and wait for the smell!!! He will never think to look at the rails lol and the smell will kill him!!! Oh I know, im wicked! lol

Put some behind the radiator as well - so when he finds them he thinks he's found the smell - but it won't have gone and will drive him crazy..

Or

get 3 sheep and release them in the flat / garden / surrounding area and number them 1,2,4
will take him ages to find number 3 :p

Reactions: S4_dan