Lambswool or Ultimate wash Mitt?

[ QUOTE ]
octagon said:
Im looking at buying one or the other.What do you suggest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meguire's off course I hope you mean! Well, I can only comment on the wash mit - it's excellent! I looked at both and thought the lambs wool was a bit too poncy for serious washing of a fly caked windscreen n bumper in the summer and dirty winter lower sides.

But being Meguire's both will be of excellent quality.

Yeah meguiars ive been pondering over them for a bit but im gonna nip down and get one today I think.

I ordered an ultimate mitt which arrived yesterday. Looks good, and agree with 4SilverRings about the lambs wool one..

I only was the cars at weekend, so not yet taken it for a spin.
I also bought a second bucket, for the 2 bucket wash method thingy!

I saw something mentioned about the 2 bucket technique on a different forum.
what does it involve ?

You stand on one bucket to reach the middle of the roof of course... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

No seriously, I've never used it but imagine you wet in one and rinse in between in the other.

I also new someone who favoured washing sills, bottom half of doors and wheel arches with one bucket and sponge and the rest with another.

ps. I use the Lambswool mitt from Maguair's. I've no complaints. It has a 'bug remover' on the back of the mitt. Which I find quite effective.

I saw it mentioned on plenty of forums but no-one said what it's all about.

So I searched on amazon for a book about autocare which you could peek inside. Sure enough just as "that wigginer" said, you have one bucket with the suds and the other to rinse off the muck you've just washed off the car.

Kind of makes sense, and it only cost me £2 for another bucket.

I'll have to see how mine handles the bugs this weekend, (car covered in them) but I have got some "bug and tar" remover I'm testing too.