Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattrovalvole

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have driven one of these, having salivated over it all through the eighties, by what a dog it turned out to be. Compared to other cars of the time (F40, 959) this thing pales in comparison.
Engine needs constant tuning, clutch needs a bionic leg to operate, driving position is terrible, impossible to park, and the bonnet/boot release looks like it was lifted out of an 80's lada. I won't mention the view from the interior mirror as there isn't one.

If it's one of these you are on about, that was the coolest thing on earth until the F40 arrived as my favourite,plastered all over my walls!
They are still Cool, even though I've never(and probably won't get a chance) driven one.
lambo%20infrnt%20hse.jpg

I have had the joy of driving one of these..did I say Joy
My cousin had just rebuilt the engine and gearbox and it needed some miles on it
He lives in Norfolk near thetford forest and we took it out round there.
I am not the tallest of people and this thing was a real handful
Heavy clutch no vision tons tons tons of power...I did smile though it sounds awesome and the power in unbelievable raw power not refined at all

SUb-zero for me just for the fact I love it in cannon ball run

tn-AdrienneBarbeau_CannonballRun.jpg

Gets my vote.

Sub zero, regardless of how it drives, that's not what cool is about!

Cool car. Doesn't matter what it was like to drive or live with, it's the fact that as kids we all lusted after it! :)

Definitely sub-zero. Used to have a huuuuuge poster on my wall with a nice lady perched on the rear wing wearing, well, not a lot really. My lust changed from being focussed on the car to the woman as I got older...

if any of you had driven one you may feel different, it like pulling Carmen Electra and finding out she has a hairy snatch and **** crack with klingons

Too much Rod Stewart and not enough engineering for me - uncool

AYE, Sub Zero!! every boy has had one on his wall at one point:rock:

A4Quattro said:
Engine needs constant tuning, clutch needs a bionic leg to operate, driving position is terrible, impossible to park, and the bonnet/boot release looks like it was lifted out of an 80's lada. I won't mention the view from the interior mirror as there isn't one.

Thats just everything a super car should be!!! A total pain in the **** but oooo the joy of blasting along in one!!!!:meeting:

Sub Zero if you look at it on a poster, but if you have ever been in one it seriously damages your view on it as a sub zero car.

Uncle had one and it cost him 5 grand on mods to fuel delivery system and fuel tanks as it never worked correctly. Still its an amazing car in its own unique way of course!

My mate bought the 1st 88 model which had slats in the sills and was borrowed by performance car to do a write up which I still have, it had a sports exhaust from the factory which was loud. Then he bought the silver anniversary edition which was not allowed to leave the factory unless it had over 500bhp. I saw 185mph on clock and still pulling, good for 193mph. The gearbox and floor buzz the side window is as big as a letterbox, only 3 positions on seat, no rear vision, clutch broke your leg but that thing will always stick in my memory.