Lambda Sensor

Speedo

Reaction score
If the Lambda sensor has gone faulty would this be picked up on VAG-COM software?

I'm guessing a faulty lambda sensor would log an error, so reading the Fault Codes may help.

You hay be better posting in the VAG-COM sections for the VAG-COM gurus!

The car seems a little sluggish, just got the MAF changed and was wondering if it could be the Lambda. There are no fault codes hence the reason i was asking - i will post this out to the VAG COM forum and see if anyone knows - cheers!

I would expect that, on a managememt system as clever as the current Audi stuff, the /engine check light would indeed be triggered.

The ECU could log a fault...implausible signal, or possibly it would manifest itself as a possible catalyst problem - an error such as 'Catalys Efficiency Below Threshold' could indicate either a faulty cat or bad lambda probe.

It's probably better to look at the voltage change over the lambda with the car warm and at idle...this may give a better indication of a lambda fault.

In my experience, having had a 'duff' lambda sensor manifest itself in a VAG car of late...you'd have some pretty serious symptons:
Very bad idle...revs hunting between 700 and 2500 revs
Revs are fine above 2500 revs, when the ECU is out of closed loop mode
Using LOTS of pertol
Bad small of petrol from the exhaust
Emissions about 100 times the MOT limit

All of these I had...and it was the lambda at fault.

Thanks guys.. but i dont think that is happening with my car... maybe i just need a full body/throttle alignment. Will try to get that done over the weekend! If not then a quick battery reset will do the trick - hopefully!

I like the baams and booms from the exhaust when you have a bad lamda =P I had it on my good old SAAB 2.0T 240hk, I fitted a really low quality third part "Lambada sound", lol. After 5 mins of running, the ECU gave up and stopped using the lambda at all and lighted the Check Enging, it then ran on premapped fuel-feed map, gave maximum of fuel =P Sounded like a rally car and it really ran well.