Lambda sensor

POLNEESSON

Reaction score
Has anyone ever changed a lambda sensor on one of these? vCDS says it’s sensor 2.... looks a pig to get to but can probably get to it.... problem is I don’t know where the plug goes..... not lifted and looked under yet but just looking to see if anyone has??? 1.6TDI

Lifted car today and still can’t find where the Oli goes... I removed the undertray and can’t trace wire back as far as the kind of oil sensor area but then it went under a massive cover that couldn’t be moved..... i blooming bought a sensor for £179 too not can’t fit the friggin thing...... it is also looking hard to get to the actual sensor.... disaster

I'll upload the manual later on. What year is the car.
What's the part number of the new part

Reactions: POLNEESSON
Hi,

thanks for the reply.

the car is 6 years old - it’s a 64 plate

1.6 TDI

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Sorry I just read my second post, that should say... still can’t find where the plug goes, as in the plug for the Lambda sensor

Hi Samisnake - as you can see from the early post this thing is keeping me up at night LOL - I ddnt read the post correctly but the PN is 04L-906-262

let me know if you need any other docs.
looks like that massive cover you mentioned needs to be removed to get to the plug.
also just to let you know, your car is an 8v, this is the 8p subforum

Attachments

• 1.6lambda.pdf
    279.3 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Reactions: POLNEESSON
Thanks mate,

I might have one more go of getting under it and having a look but this might be beyond my driveway capability as I only have a small pair of service ramps and it’s mega tight as I don’t usually lift the back up with them...... the older I get the more worried I am doing stuff like that, 3 kids to think about now

regardless I really appreciate the help it’s confirmed what I need to do..

thanks a million for the info

know what you mean, as ive gotten older im now acutely aware that i could get my head caved in. when i was younger i would crawl under with only a scissor jack holding the car up!

had to get under the car recently, although not as far back as you need to. used a trolley jack and axle stands, the car werent gonna go anywhere.
would also help with the side panel youve gotta remove.
also used an electric screwdriver and a torx bit to take off the belly pan on mine. makes removing and refitting much much quicker.
let us know what happens either way, would be interesting to find out.

Went under yesterday again and although I got further and removed (most of) the large panel and could see the plugs I still couldn’t reach far enough down to get to them, would probably be able to do if all 4 wheels where up on stands.... I’m just going to put into a garage because even if I get the plug swapped over and cable ran I might still have an issue swapping the actual sensor and with the access and the fact it’s on one of the hottest bits of the car it might be welded on..... thanks for the help

Hi snake, local “backstreet” garage fitted the lambda for £25.... engine light didn’t even need reset as it cleared itself so total cost just under£200.... sensor quite expensive but 300 mins in the garage for £25 is a result..... cheers for the help BTW

Reactions: samisnake
For the sake of 25 quid, can't say I'd be rolling around tryna fit it either. Glad you got it sorted

Hi snake, local “backstreet” garage fitted the lambda for £25.... engine light didn’t even need reset as it cleared itself so total cost just under£200.... sensor quite expensive but 300 mins in the garage for £25 is a result..... cheers for the help BTW
300? They did clutch and flywheel while in there too?

Reactions: Chris-P