Lacquer flake

S3_Jacko

Reaction score
Guys whats the deal with the lacquer flake on these cars?

The lower section of the rear bumper is starting to flake a wee bit, not a big deal as my mate owns his own smart repair shop.. But whats with this Audi 12yr paint warranty?

Think it will hold any weight with Audi if I took it in and asked wtf is up with this.. Thats my last 2 S3s that have done it, and I drive about 50k a year in my vans with no such trouble ever! So whats the crack with this sh|t lacquer?

Anyone had a similar experience and it being sorted by Audi?

same happens to my front bumper

Its terrible mate, i've never seen anything like it.. This 12yr warranty on the Audis will be put to the test to see what they say.. Or at least an email to Audi uk!

My one is the same. The laquer got damaged when a hard hat hit my bumper during last years storms and it has just got worse ever since.
From what I hear, Audi won't give the paintwork a second look, unless the car has been regularly serviced and the paint checked by them.
I'm just going to wait for some better weather and get it sorted myself.

My one is the same. The laquer got damaged when a hard hat hit my bumper during last years storms and it has just got worse ever since.
From what I hear, Audi won't give the paintwork a second look, unless the car has been regularly serviced and the paint checked by them.
I'm just going to wait for some better weather and get it sorted myself.

Yeah i'll probably do the same Jake.. Just annoying that the lacquer on these cars is crap!

It is.. and once it starts, it just goes haywire. It's doing my head in and getting worse daily.

:nightmare:

Yeah I know mate... Had to respray the bonnet and the passenger wing of my old S3... 2 8Ps 2x **** lacquer