Lacquer coming off wheels

JudderMan

Reaction score
Any ideas what is the best route to take, preferably diy not getting a company to refurb?
Uploadfromtaptalk1430150445793

Maybe the pic isn't the best but it's just like plastic film and its got dirty so it looks like kerbing but it's not...

Still looks like more than just lacquer come off, maybe the wheels have been re painted over the original coat. I would just take them to a wheel re-furb man and have him do it. Downside is it's about £40 - £60 to have it done.

Hmm Ok thanks for the insight. I'm most likely selling so I can't see it making the money back as it's the same on 3 wheels and anyone that buys it would probs want 18s anyway so will just leave them I reckon. Cheers again.

they don't look to good mate and if you're thinking of selling the car they most certainly wont help you get the money you want for the car, it's that good old phrase again "wheels maketh the car" and its a very approipate one.
If you don't want to throw money at the car , sand down the rims to flat off the old paint etc and respray them , even if it's one at a time, deffo a much cheaper option but you'll need to do something mate as they do spoil a cars appearance.
good luck with them

Reactions: JudderMan
If you are selling the car I would do as A4Rob suggests. You just have to find the right colour paint code to blend in with parts you are not painting.

Plasti dip your wheels to any colour of your choice from matte to satin to gloss. A quick diy job which lasts 3-4 years based on if it is done right. I have BBS LM rep which were mirror polished so dipped them gold which would last 3-4 years but after 2 years decided to dip them gloss black. Good thing about plasti dip is you can peel it off with no damage to the original paint.