1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Kw anti roll bar

kevin88 Mar 20, 2012

1. kevin88

kevin88 Registered User

Anyone got one of them on their s3?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

I haven't myself mate but can't imagine they wouldn't be fantastic being KW. I have looked into getting one for our S3 but not got around to changing the ARB's yet.

We can do the full kit, front & rear bars for £305 delivered if you're interested? (Both 2 way adjustable, front 26mm, rear 23mm)

4. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

The tried, tested and favoured ARB is by H&R - great kit, I love it in mine!

5. kevin88

kevin88 Registered User

How does the differences between them feel boydie?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  6. Boydie

Not really sure to be honest bar mm diameter but I just went for H&R as I had their 25mm springs and based on the general opinion

H&R for the S3 Quattro are:

24mm front and 26mm rear

Eibach are:

26mm front and 22mm rear

KW:

26mm front 23 rear
    Audi S3; (8P) Anti Roll Bars by KW

AFAIK you want a thicker rear ARB than front to try eliminate as much over steer as possible.

7. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

Thicker bar on rear does not eliminate oversteer. For the contrary!
    It reduces understeer.
    AFAIK 2wd comes with thicker sway bar on the front because understeer is easyer to handle by unexperienced drivers. 4wd though come with thicker bar on the rear.

8. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

I'd say go for the H&R on the S3, as mentioned tried and tested.

Let me know if you need any prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

9. Spin140

Spin140 Registered User

I too was very happy with the results from H&R so these would get my vote, you could try rear first at least this one is much easier to fit

10. Boydie

I blame night shift for such an obvious, amatuer mistake lol

11. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

Please explain! A thicker bar on the rear does not make it slide on sharp turns?
    I had a 26/22 setup and when turning sharp the car kept going straight. Now I have 24mm on the rear and when taking the same turn the rear is sliding to the exterior of the curve. Isn't this oversteer?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Boydie

What?

I made a mistake. I meant to say understeer and not over steer.

I was jokingly blaming the fact that I am on night shift why I made the mistake.

14. Gtigadge

Gtigadge Registered User

Old thread I know but what is now the general opinion on whether to go big or small on the front or rear?

15. nluk100

nluk100 Registered User

Bigger on the rear will reduce understeer dramatically. Easily one of the best upgrades after a remap.

16. Gtigadge

Gtigadge Registered User

So really only h&r offering a bigger rear than front. Just curious as to why all but one set-up is bigger front than rear?

17. nluk100

nluk100 Registered User

I think you need to consider that ARB sizes will be different for different applications i.e. FWD vs Quattro. It's not the size difference between front and rear that's important here, it's the increase in diameter over the original ARB size that will reduce understeer / oversteer.

Fitting a larger rear bar will give you the most bang for your buck and dial out understeer. Adding a larger front (that's matched to the rear) will help keep the car balanced better mid-corner, but it's a pain to fit.

Hope that helps.

18. Carlos85

Carlos85 Registered User

Do you sell the rear Separate to the front or only in a set as I can imagine the rear will be the one that makes a real difference??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

It's only available as a full front and rear kit unfortunately.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Carlos85 likes this.
  20. Smirky

Smirky Registered User

0.34 only do a rear for the S3 and say they developed it to work with the standard front arb according to them this helps reduce the car pushing on in the corners not heard of anyone running it so can't say how accurate that is

Carlos85 likes this.
  21. Carlos85

Carlos85 Registered User

I had a focus st before the S3 and had just a rear anti roll bar fitted on that and it made a huge difference to the car so I know that this would be fine, I think installing a front one as well will just make the whole car roll less but still lean towards an under steer characteristic, I have found that whiteline seem to do a rear separate to the front as well so will get that as it's much cheaper than the 034 once you have shipped it from the states...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Smirky

Smirky Registered User

No need to ship the 0.34 from the states as awsome gti stock it

Carlos85 likes this.
  23. Craig-P

Craig-P Registered User

I have a Whiteline rear ARB which I believe is thicker, Certainly makes it feel alot more sharper and tighter in the bends.

However I am having issue's with it knocking/creaking but I think it may be the cheaper droplinks I fitted....

Anyone had this same issue after fitting an uprated one..?

24. Samsellars

Samsellars Registered User

Ive got the vwr front and back, great improvement

25. DJ_26

DJ_26 Registered User

I think the creaking may be due to the fact that not enough lubricant has been applied initially when the ARB was fitted or the lubricant has seeped out/dried out over time. But I would like to know if you are supposed to fit the aftermarket droplinks in there rather than use the existing OEM ones.

26. Craig-P

Craig-P Registered User

Possibly but I removed the OSR drop link as that's the area the noise was coming from and took it for a little drive and couldn't hear any noises after that hence why I think it's the DL. It is very difficult (tight) to bolt the DL up so It may be true that adjustable one's are required but you never see any ARB come with DL aswell though do you..? My Whiteline one didn't but I did buy it second hand....

27. Samsellars

Samsellars Registered User

I've got this knock now if I reverse on full left lock but only now and again from the drivers side