KW Adjustable tie bar Snapped!!

mrj0ey

Reaction score
Hi,

Just in case you are about to buy some KW adjustable tie bars....DONT!

Went for an alignment after changing some rear bushes yesterday. Rear kw bar was seized up so could not complete alignment. To cut along story short the bar was removed and the adjustable thread part of the bar snapped in trying to free it up.

Apparently this part is prone to snapping (search on google)

They were fitted about 2 years ago and not touched until yesterday....surely a £250 part should not seize that badly.

I cannot get hold of the place i bought them from until monday....do you think they will be covered under warranty (year or lifetime like forge). If not i am going to have to buy some forge ones i guess, really puts me off KW products, especially after my search found that it has happened before....and fairly often!

The other side bar is fine, i removed it and re-greased it all fine, bolt definitely looks a little dodgy on the snapped one, like it was weaker than it should have been.

If anyone has a spare one, or a set they are selling please let me know...or a spare set of forge ones or alternatives.

Thanks

S3 Dave sells his own, message him, very good price, stainless steel,and very beefy, quite a few people have them on here. Check out westys thread for some pics of them

2 year warranty on KW items so speak to them if I were you.

I had one of mine snap (passenger side) whilst doing 70 on a dual carriageway last year. I now have the Forge ones from Damian at DPM.

I do still have the other one, so if you want it to make a pair PM me.