1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kufatec Sound Booster

The_Golfather Jun 11, 2019

1. The_Golfather

The_Golfather Active Member Team Mythos Audi A6 Black Edition quattro

Anyone care to share their experiences of this?

I wouldn't mind trying it out on my A6 if you've had enough of yours ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Sepang Audi Cabriolet Owner Group

It's quite a good bit of kit, lets you tinker with the sound effects and volume at different speeds. Mine is on 'uneven idle' so it sounds 'a bit' like a big scooby on tick over :) I've got it set pretty quiet though, at it's loudest it sounds ridiculous.

Nightmare trying to explain what it is to the insurance company though.

The_Golfather likes this.
  4. The_Golfather

Seen the vids on YouTube and it’s impressive with the 6 modes and customization available. Got to be worth a tinker

5. Jared Tovee

Jared Tovee Member

I've just stumbled across this, I knew they existed but didn't realise how fun they look/sound. As I left one of the cats in after my EGR/DPF delete and remap I have the power just missing the sound. trying to find a second hand one as new they are pretty pricey. Any luck with finding one? Will you get two for the duel exhaust?

6. The_Golfather

I already have the sound actuator boxes fitted from factory as it’s a BiTDi so a couple of connectors and a loom installed in-line with the module was all I needed.

Plug n play, 5 minutes. App gives good control with the ability to configure sound at various points. Out of the box the 6 options are fine although I’ll never use 3 of them.

Kits are available that include the boxes and module for around £1k.

7. Jared Tovee

Jared Tovee Member

I have seen the full kits online, just a bit pricey at £1000. I'll have to keep a look out for a used kit or at least the boxes. Would be a nice mod like I said I've got the power now just need the sound

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The_Golfather likes this.
  8. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

9. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Review after around 2 years having one fitted?

I drive around with it switched off 90% of the time, it probably a good thing I can switch it off! Lol

I have mine on setting 5, because there’s no way I’m passing my A6 as an R8 in setting 6! Haha. I guess you could say the novelty wears off eventually, depending on the type of driver you are, and what you like in life? I’m over 40 now, and though a boy racer at heart, I’m also a 40+ year old family man.

Let’s get to the actual device and sound first, is it value for money? It’s a bit expensive for a plug in module, but there isn’t really a huge market for the device, and I don’t know how much R&D has gone into it, plus I’ve never really used the ‘download and modify the sound function’, but I think the price is justified. Better to order it off eBay.de than a uk supplier, As it works out cheaper. Sound limitations... you need to get your head around the idea that the sound is generated by a speaker in your back box, so it’s artificial of course, and sounds good at the lower and mid ends of the rev range, but pushing on to the top half of the rev range, the speaker basically can’t get any louder to a point, even though it’s generating the sound at a faster frequency to mimic you revving it out. Obviously with it being an auto, it will shift up anyways, unless you drive the car manually with the paddles. Not a big deal m but I guess having driven an RS6 and RS7, you want more!

Does it do what it says on the tin? Absolutely yes! I’ve shocked quite a few people, and even some of my customers thinks it’s an RS6! Lol(best part of having the device fitted!). It’s mainly positive responses from people whose interested in ‘what’s under the bonnet?’ and ‘I bet that’s fast?’ comments as I’m driving around car parks in ‘sports’ mode, so it stays in 2nd gear as I’m looking for a space.

So why does it stay off most of the time on my car? I live on a relatively quiet road surrounded by OAPs, and I finish work at 11pm most evenings, so it’s not ideal to have it rumbling away at those hours and wake them up. On long distance trips, it’s a bit of a drone, so silence is better.

I would still recommend buying one if you crave that V8 sound you’ve always hankered for, it takes literally 5 minutes to install, and you can switch it off from the MMI inside the car.

10. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Here’s a video of mine.

a

Jared Tovee likes this.
  11. Jared Tovee

Jared Tovee Member

I think you may just have sold it to me @jojo great review, much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jojo likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. The_Golfather

Perfect review above. Got hold of a Pro version with Bluetooth and it’s lived up to expectation

jojo likes this.
  14. jojo

Didn’t realise it did this, but when you start the car up in ‘dynamic’ mode with the Kufatec fitted, it does this.