kph to mph on audi s3 (8v) imported car

martin bell

Reaction score
Can dash set up be changed on a 2015 S3 (8V) imported car I have just purchased and mileage and trip is in Kilometers but I need it changed to MPH ...….also my sat nav is saying its in japan but I live in UK

Should have an option in settings for units preference (mph Vs kph)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

yes you can change to mph on consumption through set up mmi but its still set on kph on odometer and trip(also fuel range)…...strange??

I bet you’d need a new SD card for the nav. That and setup by a dealer would be quite expensive - maybe better to get a third party satnav (eg Garmin etc). Some find them better anyway. Or use Google maps on a phone.

I bet you’d need a new SD card for the nav. That and setup by a dealer would be quite expensive - maybe better to get a third party satnav (eg Garmin etc). Some find them better anyway. Or use Google maps on a phone.
looks like it not going to be easy fix that I was expecting, it has a few import faults like the mph setting sat nav and also radio does not tune in I can only get bbc2 grrrrrrr

i think you might have problems with this as the Miles/UK version of the speedo comes with KM but the EU/Km one doesnt. Im not sure on the law but i know that the EU requires the speedo to read KM and not only the digital display. The fact that the UK speedo comes with both covers it. Have you had it officially imported yet? Mot'd etc...?

As others have said, settings and then Units I think.

i think you might have problems with this as the Miles/UK version of the speedo comes with KM but the EU/Km one doesnt. Im not sure on the law but i know that the EU requires the speedo to read KM and not only the digital display. The fact that the UK speedo comes with both covers it. Have you had it officially imported yet? Mot'd etc...?

As others have said, settings and then Units I think.
Yes has been imported in January this year and has been mot, the dials read in mph as does the fuel consumption it is just the odometer that needs changed to mph now its reading 96000km but should be 59000miles, I think it will need software updates for the sat nav and radio to change to uk from japan???

Reactions: Ormesome
Yes has been imported in January this year and has been mot, the dials read in mph as does the fuel consumption it is just the odometer that needs changed to mph now its reading 96000km but should be 59000miles, I think it will need software updates for the sat nav and radio to change to uk from japan???

when you say the dials do you mean digital? odometer as in the total mileage should be digital. when i change my car to KM or miles it changes everything, speed, distance and the car's mileage. Sat Nav will prob be an SD card from Audi, radio not sure.

Reactions: zac7654321
the clocks are in mph its the digital display I cant change the only thing I can change in set up mmi is the consumption to mph not the trip and odometer that stays in kph unless im doing something wron

the clocks are in mph its the digital display I cant change the only thing I can change in set up mmi is the consumption to mph not the trip and odometer that stays in kph unless im doing something wron
Not sure on your model but I know on others it has to be done with VCDS as a coding change. The radio may need a UK module as it may be different to the one you have. Ask one of the site sponsors who do coding, I am sure they will advise you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have a clue where to start with programming and stuff have you used this before?

For about 12 years... It's really not that difficult and it's nothing to do with programming, and there are plenty of tutorials on youtube & ross-tech website, you will soon pick it up. Having a diagnostic tool like VCDS is well worth the money and will save you far more than the cost of the cable.

Hi

I think your gonna need a new instrument cluster with MPH (you can get this from eBay for about £70-100) and then use VCDS to code it to your imported car. But there’s more to this as if I’m not mistaken you will also have to code the key with the immobiliser which is part of the instrument cluster.

Or you could get a S3 dial conversion kit from this website called www.kmp-mph.co.uk

Hope that helps you out bud.

Still don’t understand why the option isn’t in the MMI settings. My A3 and Q2 has the option to change everything to either Miles or Kms. A3 was UK car and Q2 is EU car.

I can easily do it from my UK bought but LHD EU spec 2014 S3 via MMI...........would be surprising if Audi had different logic rather than just config depending on where the car was bought.

Reactions: Ormesome
I can easily do it from my UK bought but LHD EU spec 2014 S3 via MMI...........would be surprising if Audi had different logic rather than just config depending on where the car was bought.

Yep me too. 2014 UK RHD A3 could do it from miles to KPH with everything reading KMS. My current 2018 LHD Q2 can do it all to miles from KM as it has the virtual cockpit. A3 could obviously not change the analogue dials to KMS but UK cars have it written in smaller numbers so was fine.

Unless there is some sort of Japanese regulation that specifies this cannot be changed.

I have managed to convert kilometres to miles using VCD's but i am still struggling to find out codes for UK radio frequency's and EU sat nav, has anyone done this before or is it a case of changing MMI unit ??

Reactions: Aky9044
Did you have to do anything else or did you just use a vcds? To change it from kilometres to miles?
because I’m having the same issue
Also did you manage to change the sat nav? And radio frequency?

Did you have to do anything else or did you just use a vcds? To change it from kilometres to miles?
because I’m having the same issue
Also did you manage to change the sat nav? And radio frequency?
I know I'm very late to the party. I just bought imported car from Japan Audi A4 b8.5 . I m having same issue. The guy I bought it from sent me to a technician.. he changed some box at back of dial display. And its showing in miles and also needles showing speed in miles. Only thing is I can't set the timer. And also remaining miles on petrol tank showing In km. And also same issue with the radio. Can't find anything other than between 70-90. And navi is showing I'm out of the range area. Which I'm not so bothered about. So if u got these things sorted then plz update me aswell. Thanks in advance.

Can dash set up be changed on a 2015 S3 (8V) imported car I have just purchased and mileage and trip is in Kilometers but I need it changed to MPH ...….also my sat nav is saying its in japan but I live in UK
Regarding your satnav issue. Rather than paying Audi an arm and a leg to update MMI to latest European map, you may well be able to patch your MMI software and add the appropriate FEC code.to not only cover Europe, but also allow indefinite free map updates. You can then download maps for free from the .VW website (or elsewhere). There are extensive threads on this topic in the forum. If you have MHS2 MMI with map on SD card, and you’re nervous about messing with the MMI coding yourself, you can buy the patch and latest map on 2 SD cards for easy installation. I used this route myself recently, and it worked out perfectly. Cost £50.