Koni FSD and Eibach ProSprings My Thoughts

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning All,

Did a nice business trip Wednesday/Thursday 567 Miles round trip on business to Burnley.

Well I must say that I am impressed with this combination, I had the opertunity to push the car a bit and it works. I would say that the FSDs do exactly what they say on the tin. No compression rubbing issues at all and the back feels nice and stable. Not as firm as my old Golf setup (Eiback ProSprings, Dampers, ARBs and PolyFlex bushes) but more comfortable on some of the frankly poor road surfaces that you get these days.

As I get travel time I did spend a fair bit of time on reasonably clear roads, and I will definatley by installing cruise. Managed to Ave 44 MPG for my round trip which makes a nice change from my old Golf as that would have averaged about 32 for the same trip. In the same light when I did get stuck in traffic the DSG box was a godsend.

Also got to spend a fair bit of time with the Bose setup and it isn't bad for a factory fit system , won't be staying though.

Paul

Will the 15 mil springs when fited be noticeble from the sports suspension on my Quattro?

I've had the FSDs on mine for about 6 months or so but with the standard springs and I've been impressed with them too. As you said they do exactly what the blurb says. Town driving is much more comfortable but no stability issues if you're pushing it on the open road. Quieter than the Audi dampers too.

Are the FSDs suitable for the heavier engined TDi's?

You're best off giving Awesome a call. They know who to speak to at Koni and that matters. I rang Koni and they said no for my car but Awesome spoke to someone else who said yes. For instance Koni don't actually do a kit for my car but IIRC it's a mix and match for the MKV GTI and 2WD A3.

Excellent news, but this thread would be so much better if we could have some shots of A3's and S3's sitting nicely on FSD's and Eibachs... ;)

Pic whore away guys... (and gals)!!!

Here you go my 2.0TDi on Eibach Pro and Koni FSD dampers.

DSCF6402.JPG

Does anyone else have this combo? Is it lower on the front or lower on the rear? What I hate about some springs is they make the rear look lower than the fronts.

i have the same combination - a great combo for improved road manners/comfort whilst improving road holdiing and handling at the same time.

does what it says on the can

mine is the same height front and rear

Does anyone else have this combo? Is it lower on the front or lower on the rear? What I hate about some springs is they make the rear look lower than the fronts.

Ditto. The majority of lowered 8P A3s out there seem to sit noticeably lower at the back, it really doesn't look good IMO. I'd rather stay at standard TDI Sport ride height until I know how my car will look after fitting anything else!

Bring out an old thread but hoping someone can help.

Does anyone know if the FSD with Eibach Pro Sport springs will lower the stance over my standard S line setup?

Hope someone can help

It will give you a very slight drop of about 5mm, which will be barely noticeable. If you want your car to look lower then you should be looking at a 50mm springs, which will give you a 25mm drop.

Wish i could buy 50mm springs, but I have a Quattro and Eibach dont do Sportsline for it :-(

Don't want to go down the Coilover route.

Wish i could buy 50mm springs, but I have a Quattro and Eibach dont do Sportsline for it :-(

Hi Buddy, Koni don't recommend the use of FSD's on lowered cars, though I have heard of a few MK5 platform car owners using them, but on drops of no lower than 25mm. I can highly recommend FSD's. I will be fitting them to my S3 shortly (with either Eibach Pro Kit or my current H&R 25mm springs). I had them on my VXR and they were exceptionally good, vastly improving the ride comfort on the worst of road surfaces day to day and firming things up perfectly in fast road driving. :wub: xx

Hi Buddy, Koni don't recommend the use of FSD's on lowered cars, though I have heard of a few MK5 platform car owners using them, but on drops of no lower than 25mm. I can highly recommend FSD's. I will be fitting them to my S3 shortly (with either Eibach Pro Kit or my current H&R 25mm springs). I had them on my VXR and they were exceptionally good, vastly improving the ride comfort on the worst of road surfaces day to day and firming things up perfectly in fast road driving. :wub: xx

I've heard the same about FSDs also, no lower than about 30mm below standard height. S3 H&R 25mm springs are the equivalent to approx. 60mm below standard 8P height. Does the FSD 25mm recommended drop limit apply to standard S3 height or standard 8P height?

What engine is your car??? If it's a 2.0TFSI Quattro then I've spoken to others who have fitted S3 spec springs and shocks and have been fine on them. You could then go for the S3 H&R 25mm, but as said above, will give a drop of about 60mm below standard height, and in your case 35mm below s-line height.

I've already got Eibach pro sport springs, i really want to get the FSD's and fit the pro sports, but apparently the height of the car won't change at all.

I really want my car slightly lowered, around 1-2 cm's and obviously the comfy of the FSD would be very nice too :)