Ko4 real or fake

No idea on those.

Why not use a tried and trusted supplier here in the UK, rather than spending 1500quid importing some that no-ones heard of?

Looked at doing that but prices were from £2500 up tp £4500 for a set so thought of looking further away and fount them with postage they come to £1250 so alot price differenc if they are the correct once wouldnt you say.Was also looking at used once to refurb but they are hard to find so still looking at that option.

Those sound like hybrid prices surely?

Standard K04's cant cost that much. I'm sure Turbo Unit was selling them for £1500ish.

Talk to jimbo on srs he posted up he has loads of rs4 parts he may have a set of K04's that you could get BBT to hybrid !

Those are non genuine units by the look of things.

My suggestion it to only buy genuine k04 units which use genuine parts.

Remember when buying anything from the U.S you will be hit with vat, duty, admin fees etc

Reactions: TTE Si
Yes id love to but money the bill is getting bigger every day

FTG are Copy's same as BBT, SRM, FRANKEN so on.

Ftg are very new on the scene. I know few that are using but no Real worthy test reports as yet.

If considering used k04 do get hi res photos so on. Id be happy to look at for you to help.

For info Jimbo is good guy and customer of mine. I have 2 sets of his k04 with me now for reconditioning so Defo worth contacting.

Last edited:
Yes spoke to him and he had nothing but i keep watching the forms and send him a pm every 2 weeks

They do come up on eBay.de but really buying used from unknown is a gamble. I've been burnt few times myself even from forum users.

See if been on ebay as well and found some new once in Germany as well comes with 2 yr warranty for £1400 new but ist made by a company over there and branded by them they say they use original casings but nim not sure

PM me link I'll take a look for you. £1400 does seem too cheap tbh as I know my buying price on many pairs at a time

Last edited:
The majority of parts people fit to their engines are non genuine copied parts , so to think or say a turbo is any different it quite amusing.. Downpipes, intercoolers, valve springs, exhaust manifolds, pipework etc etc are all used and in majority of cases better than the originals. Just because something is copied or upgraded doesn't mean you have to label it poorer quality than the original it replaces. However, there is plenty of crap out there and buying a copied turbo from china is very different from buying an in house built turbo..

You can buy those turbos in the original post for $480 plus shipping for china direct if you really must be them...

The majority of parts people fit to their engines are non genuine copied parts , so to think or say a turbo is any different it quite amusing.. Downpipes, intercoolers, valve springs, exhaust manifolds, pipework etc etc are all used and in majority of cases better than the originals. Just because something is copied or upgraded doesn't mean you have to label it poorer quality than the original it replaces. However, there is plenty of **** out there and buying a copied turbo from china is very different from buying an in house built turbo..

You can buy those turbos in the original post for $480 plus shipping for china direct if you really must be them...
Yes that true have been looking into it but the thing is how u know wiche ones are the *** once as there are new once for example in the usa for around £1900 with 2 years warranty that's including shipping but that's so I'm still looking

I would you suggest you find out if they build the turbos in house or buy them made up.. Its a big difference. From experience I wouldn't trust any turbo that was balanced and assembled in china. They do not go through the same quality controls.

You buy a turbo from a company and you want to know it was assembled , rotor balanced and then VSR balanced by them that way you ensure the quality. Like I said being a copy isn't the issue its the way it was made and assembled that is the problem..

I suggest you buy from a company reputation not the products they sell.