ko4-022 or 023?

jonny87

Reaction score
Hi guys i need a bit of help as to what turbo i should get for my ko4 upgrade on my dtm

Theres a ko4-022 for sale on here at the moment and i cant find out if it will fit my car or not, all the upgrade packages seem to use the 023 turbo.

So im guessing it wont work but what are the differences?

Thanks
Jon

Not sure on the difference but I know the older b5 RS4's used k04's which are totally different to what you need, the main physical difference is that the one you need has the manifold as part of the turbo. I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along soon to help! Basically you need the new 2.0tfsi S3 or golf r 2.0tfsi turbo not anything off a 1.8 or 2.7 engine. I'm assuming the 2.0TTS engine is the same as the S3 and Golf R so it might be the same.

Yeah i know i need the modern ko4 but i just cant find out if this 022 will be any good to me or not

Ive been trying google all day to no avail :-(

i emailed a bloke on ebay breaking a new s3, but due to needing new wheels i had to back out. he wanted £400 and its only done 10k. check it out mate. :)

both the turbos you mention are for the 1.8t motor not the 2.0tfsi? they dont have the mainfold bult in. What engine have you got?

you can buy APR of Rai turbos which have K04 internals but the K03 cold side which are a direct replacement for our cars but they might not make the same power and are very expensive compared to a used S3 TTS, Edition 30 turbo.