Knocking suspension

dwaramage1982

Reaction score
Hi there just after a little help.
recently iv lowered my 54 reg a4 b6 on coillovers and ever since its had a knocking noise from the drivers side front.so I took it apart to check all was tight and it's still the same.as you can imagine its very annoying.any help would be appreciated

Drivers side is usually the driveshaft hitting the chassis leg or the ARB hitting it on VAG cars......passengers side will be fine the majority of the time.

Not had a lot of experience with the A4 but most of the others have these issues with some 40mm+ lowering

If it is this you could get stiffer springs or dampers or go extreme and get a chassis notch but dont like that idea myself.

Drivers side is usually the driveshaft hitting the chassis leg or the ARB hitting it on VAG cars......passengers side will be fine the majority of the time.

Not had a lot of experience with the A4 but most of the others have these issues with some 40mm+ lowering

If it is this you could get stiffer springs or dampers or go extreme and get a chassis notch but dont like that idea myself.

So iv taken a look again at this problem and still can't see what it is.doesnt seem to be the drive shaft or arb as there are no witness marks on either.think it mite be a dodgy strut as they were second hand.