Knocking noise

nick-barnes07

Reaction score
Hey all, on my s3 i have a banging noise, i was driving down the m5 today doing about 60 and every 15-20 seconds i heard a banging noise, almost like some one was banging on the front of the car and holding it back, when i accelerated above 70 i started hearing a wining noise, its not a bearing, could this be down to the haldex playing up, i am thinking it is the diff, but not sure till i can get it up on the ramps, the car also was knocking on the front a few days ago but has now went to the back of the car as well, anyone ever had this??? any help would be great as i have to get it sorted before the end of the month for the new owner, the car is also a 52 reg 03 with 110,000 miles on

Is the car miss firing? or is it like a bush bang?

its like a bush bang, almost like the wheels are moving a bit, or the axle in the middle of the car is moving, not a wheel bearing thats for sure,

the noise has gone now, and i cant get it to come back, lol, need to get it sorted before it goes,

i think its the drive shaft locking up so ordered a brand new one for thursday, hopefully should sort it,