Knocking noise

milie

Reaction score
I have got a really annoying knocking noise on my 1.8t....... It only happens over the little bumps....... had a look underneith this morning and saw this bush in not so good condition......

DSC01444.jpg

They easy to replace or is as easy to buy a wishbone with the already pressed in???

I went for the easier option of replacing the whole arm, it cost about £45 from Euro Carparts IIRC. Took me about 30 mins a side to do.

[ QUOTE ]
I have got a really annoying knocking noise on my 1.8t....... It only happens over the little bumps....... had a look underneith this morning and saw this bush in not so good condition......

They easy to replace or is as easy to buy a wishbone with the already pressed in???

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was doing that as well. So me and a mate replaced the bushes both sides. Wasn't worth the hassle to be honest. I would replace the whole arm.

suspensionarmbushes.jpg

Also I notice you are from Stoke? Is yours a Silver A3? Or have you got any pics of it?

i split one of mine and just put uprated ones in the original wishbones.

Hello!

Just thought I'd let you all know, just got 2 sets of front wishbones (1 for a mate) with bushes (inc ball joint) delivered for £138 (£34.50 a corner). Theses are FAI parts. I've got the task of fitting them (and my mates) tomorrow afternoon.

There from Ebay from a company called Vail Automotives (based in London I think?)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-Lower-Susp...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just thought I'd let you all know, as he knocked a bit off the delivery because I was buying 4.

Hope this helps!

Mike.

Done the job now...... would have done it easy but one of the bush bolts was made of cheese and rounded off, and the ball joint decided to spin around with the nut....... but other than that really easy....... I think i have a wheel bearing gone tho, humming noise when driving.... and a ickle knocking noise....... Whats next.???

Mark. no it aint silver. its is a jasper green..... so if you see one that colour it is probably me. I aint seen another A3 in that colour.......