knocking noise in boot

yacobwood

Reaction score
when i accelerate or brake quite sharp, i get a knock from the boot. almost like a glug noise like its the fuel sloshing about in the tank. Any ideas what this could be?

Knock and slosh are quite different... any way of narrowing which one it is? Describing a sound is pretty hard anyway, but when you have to type it out it gets even vaguer. Is the spare wheel loose?

more of a gluging noise. spare wheel and toolkit all secure. ive checked....alot

Fuel tank is under the boot, and could slosh... it shouldn't though, there are vanes in the tank designed to stop it sloshing about. Maybe get someone in the boot to listen while you drive up and down a car park or something? At least try to pin point where the noise is and work back from there.

that was my next port of call. done it many times rattle finding in the VR6 :) just thought i would throw it out there to see if anyone has expirenced this issue

Mine makes a noise sometimes, but it's just the weights at the bottom of the strings that hold the parcel shelf when you open the boot. They swing around when the boot is closed. Could be that??

Mine makes a noise sometimes, but it's just the weights at the bottom of the strings that hold the parcel shelf when you open the boot. They swing around when the boot is closed. Could be that??
quite possibly one of the best posts on here :D

when i accelerate or brake quite sharp, i get a knock from the boot. almost like a glug noise like its the fuel sloshing about in the tank. Any ideas what this could be?

You should really let the poor chap out in all honesty. That'll sort it.

I had a weird noise coming from the underside of my car too. When I was at suicide point with it I took it to a nearby garage and the guy put it on the ramp for me. it turned out the the stone guards had some screws missing and they would do the same kinda noise. I had to get new guards for my A3 as they had been shafted by going over road bumps. So try and have a look and see if you can see something similar.

brilliant. ill take a look at all three suggestions but i think the least likely will be letting him out. took long enough to get him in :)

I was going to suggest this too.

Also is there a boot liner? I get some noises from my boot when the liner is fitted despite it being a snug fit.