1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knock knock knock?!! Front end knock

Liamjohn121 Jul 13, 2018

1. Liamjohn121

Liamjohn121 New Member

Hello everyone. This is my first post
    I have a 2013 A6 3.0tdi Quattro, love it! However it’s developed a really faint knock from the front drivers side.
    It happens mostly over slight road imperfections/grids rather than over speed bumps.
    I’ve just had brand new genuine Audi pads, discs and Caliper clips and the noise is the same as the previous pagid ones which narrows out the brakes. I’ve had the suspension checked about 3 times by two different mechanics and they can’t find anything. The undertray is secure, the drop links/arms and everything else is tight, no movement what to ever when it’s up on the ramp. I think the knock is less when I ride the brakes over the road imperfecrion, but even then, it can still be heard from inside the cabin.
    I’m really really really fed up and lost at what it can be?!
    The car has around 50k miles.
    It also has a rather strange noise when I release the brake pedal to move forward to back (it’s an auto), initially I thought it’s the pads moving forward and back, but the same knock, knocks every time the engine turns off or if it turns off at lights with the stop start, it’s annoying, seems to be coming from behind the dash in the middle somewhere but it can’t really be heard outside the car, only in the cabin....
    Annoying.com. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance guys