Knob in a tatty 56 plate Astra

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Dropped the missus at a local restaurant tonight for a night out with her best girlie friend, on the way home i,m doing 60 on a decent A road and this D***head decides he wants to come past !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As he hits all the salt and gravel thats gathered in the middle of the road my motor gets shot blasted with rock salt and gravel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A quick inspection just shows a slight chip in the screen when i return home...............................What is up with these deadheads.......................20 seconds after the knob passed me i was alongside him at the red light, he went left and i went right, whats it about ???? Not my fault he,s got a tatty Astra, Wish i had been paying attention cos i,m sure my mere 160 ps would have seen him off.

The ****** country,s is full of deadheads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dropped the missus at a local restaurant tonight for a night out with her best girlie friend, on the way home i,m doing 60 on a decent A road and this D***head decides he wants to come past !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As he hits all the salt and gravel thats gathered in the middle of the road my motor gets shot blasted with rock salt and gravel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A quick inspection just shows a slight chip in the screen when i return home...............................What is up with these deadheads.......................20 seconds after the knob passed me i was alongside him at the red light, he went left and i went right, whats it about ???? Not my fault he,s got a tatty Astra, Wish i had been paying attention cos i,m sure my mere 160 ps would have seen him off.

The ****** country,s is full of deadheads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats says it all. he probably paid £250 for his car.

its like a dog walking onto the carpet with muddy paws. it doest understand the concept therefore doesn't give a ****.

should have wound your window down and peppered his shed with boilies and particle feed!
then jumped out at the lights and threw a smelt deadbait in his car!
then loose fed maggots and casters all over his bonnet and down his scuttle tray!
what type of fishing you into dude? :icon_thumright:

Moral of the story, pay more attention next time. I got overtaken by a **** in a Bentley yesterday! Put my foot to the floor as he was going past but it was like I was standing still. :slapped: That said, whenever someone in an Astra, Clio etc tries to overtake me, the foot goes straight down.

Reactions: RedDejavu
what type of fishing you into dude? :icon_thumright:

Done and doing just about any aspect of fishing involving lakes and rivers, was heavy into the carp side from the early 70's till 1980 then left for other stuff and then carp again from mid 90's to 2005, left again now for tench, bream and roach on a quiet stillwater tucked away in Cheshire. Also doing a tad of fly fishing. Never been keen on Sea Angling but anything in a lake or river appeals now in exactly the same way it did when i was 9 years old !!! It's a majic hobby to have.

How about you ??

i am mainly a fare weather fisherman these days mate! lol
during the warmer weather, me and friends concentrate on commercial carp lakes these days around yorkshire as time is limited with work commitments so i tend to fish these and bag up in order to get my fishing fix!
i also enjoy river fishing for chubb and barbel, and to be honest i enjoy this type of fishing the most! its just a bit inpractical targeting these with 3 or 4 rowdy lads! lol, i tend to do this alone or night fish with 1 mate!
just lately i have been dabbling in pike fishing with good success, and really should be out there now doing some as its definately the right time of year for this!
but as mentioned i am a bit of a fare weather fisherman these days and the sit in the cold is not justified any more!
never had anything to do with sea fishing either, it just does not appeal to me either!

This happened to me this morning with a london taxi with his fogs on in his ford spacebus.

He couldnt get past and resulted in him being a pr**k , sitting on my **** in -7.5°c and then trying to give me some bad boy stare in which I smiled and carried on my journey.

This happened to me this morning with a london taxi with his fogs on in his ford spacebus.

He couldnt get past and resulted in him being a pr**k , sitting on my **** in -7.5°c and then trying to give me some bad boy stare in which I smiled and carried on my journey.

Grrrr the irony is lost on these deadheads,putting on their fog lights so other cars can see them then driving an inch from your rear bumper :no:

People is **** cars / vans / taxis often drive aggressively as they believe in their tiny minds it balances the deficit of badge.

They're so desperate to try and put one over on you (lets face it by risking their sh1tbox they aren't really risking much because it's already skippable). They would love to shower your pride and joy with stones as they hate the fact you own it.

As these people can't think beyond of the ends of their noses let them have their moment. At least you don't have to live their small minded shallow miserable tedious lives.

People is **** cars / vans / taxis often drive aggressively as they believe in their tiny minds it balances the deficit of badge.

They're so desperate to try and put one over on you (lets face it by risking their sh1tbox they aren't really risking much because it's already skippable). They would love to shower your pride and joy with stones as they hate the fact you own it.

As these people can't think beyond of the ends of their noses let them have their moment. At least you don't have to live their small minded shallow miserable tedious lives.

Couldnt be more correct IMHO.

similar thing happened to me the other day to resulting in a nice few stone ships in my freshly paint audi rings and front grills if i knew they were there then i would have made the guy pay for them to be painted again was not a happy chappy at all but the worst bit is i also found a lovely big stone chip in my carbon mirrors mega gutted :( :( :(

Moral of the story, pay more attention next time. I got overtaken by a **** in a Bentley yesterday! Put my foot to the floor as he was going past but it was like I was standing still. :slapped: That said, whenever someone in an Astra, Clio etc tries to overtake me, the foot goes straight down.

I can understand and agree with the op's problem with the Astra, but the above is just silly and potentially dangerous, what's the problem with someone trying to get by when conditions allow?
Really annoys me on the roads when people do things like this along with driving like a granny round corners then speeding up on the straights when you could get past!

Reactions: akash_sky1 and NKenny
I can understand and agree with the op's problem with the Astra, but the above is just silly and potentially dangerous, what's the problem with someone trying to get by when conditions allow?
Really annoys me on the roads when people do things like this along with driving like a granny round corners then speeding up on the straights when you could get past!

Many think its a dent in their pride, its pecking order always has been always will be.

Reactions: Sheikh
That's retarded. You drive a diesel, you're going to get overtaken, better to just accept it.

That's retarded. You drive a diesel, you're going to get overtaken, better to just accept it.

My diesel is no slouch. It pulls like a train! I've kept up with much quicker cars around town, it's only top end where it gets done over silly.

You're living in a fantasy world and keeping up the good old diesel stereotypes, racing people overtaking you in diesel hatch with "mad in gear acceleration". The only way you're keeping up with much quicker cars is if they haven't noticed you, or think you're a tool for accelerating when being overtaken and want to stay well away.

Minstadave:1492562 said:
You're living in a fantasy world and keeping up the good old diesel stereotypes, racing people overtaking you in diesel hatch with "mad in gear acceleration". The only way you're keeping up with much quicker cars is if they haven't noticed you, or think you're a tool for accelerating when being overtaken and want to stay well away.

I'm sorry but i think you'll find diesel is catching up with petrol. Fair enough petrol engines get more bhp, but diesel get more torque. Swings & roundabouts really. Only downside about a diesel is it sounds like a chelsea tractor lol

Reactions: Sheikh
I'm sorry but i think you'll find diesel is catching up with petrol.

AMG has no plans to follow its great rival BMW M into producing high-performance diesels. AMG boss Ola Kallenius said such a move would introduce too many compromises to its performance-focused line-up.
AMG says no to super-diesels - Autocar.co.uk

95% of the cars that try it on with our S3 blow us into the weeds. A huge percentage of those are diesels, and a significant percentage of them are MPV's like S-Maxes that are driven by people who are desperate to prove to themselves they're not submerged in mediocrity just because they drive a disgusting bloated white good with more DVD screens in the rear headrests than achievable RPM!

I'm happy to let this happen as its funny to watch and as their ego obviously needs it. However on the days when I'm in a hurry, you can see these ******* with their eyes wide open, clinging to the steering wheel as the S3 stretches comfortably away from them (usually in mid range acceleration territory on a motorway is the best place to do this as it's their prime territory and it hits their ego harder!). I've even had people chase us for miles on a motorway, then eventually you let them get past and then they slow down once balance is restored in their world. Ego is such a dangerous thing!

Fair enough petrol engines get more bhp, but diesel get more torque. Swings & roundabouts really. Only downside about a diesel is it sounds like a chelsea tractor lol

I think they're great (diesels), but as quick as you make them (the misses had a Revo mapped Ibiza TDi that was decently quick), to me it was soulless and drab. All I could try and get excited about was MPG and scalping what looked to be faster badged petrol motors (now Im joking!)

Last edited:
All I could try and get excited about was MPG

I bought my first diesel 2 years ago as I'd moved house and had a longer commute. After 6 months of seeing what mpg I could get each day going to work, I realised I'd made a terrible mistake and ordered an S3 instead which at least gives some excitement!

Reactions: RedDejavu
You gotta love the 335d M, or even the 135d M..

My old mans got the 335d, I love that machine.

You gotta love the 335d M, or even the 135d M..

My old mans got the 335d, I love that machine.

Great cars, and probably 2 of the cars I'd consider are real Stg2+ threats. What an engine.

diesil warriors you should all show respect for your petrol brothered s3 tfsi highly tuned racing machines
and enjoy your mpg gains and join the lorrys and coaches in the slow lane on the motorway as the petrol superiors pass us
in hyper drive in mid range of there gear boxes and putting us in our places with the tractors and buses do not atempt to overtake it would be disrespectful and just not cricket if you wanna go fast by a petrol car !!

Back to the thread topic, I have RSI from reading diseasal vs. petrol threads!!

This thread is a prime example of why I love audi-sport.net :icon_thumright: