Kieran's S3 8p

KieranS3

Reaction score
Been on the forum a while now and never made a progress thread. Have had my s3 for over a year now and have made quite a few changes. These are some progress pictures from when I first bought the car right through to how it sits now.

Current spec is:

372bhp 398lbft - APR Stage 2+ from EcoTune in Glasgow
3" Milltek TBE with sports cat
EVOMS intake with trimmed and painted OEM engine cover
GBF DV+
RS4 Fuel return valve
AutoTech HPFP internals
Clutchmasters Stage 6 kit (6 paddle sprung clutch, Solid flywheel & OEM release bearing)
19" Genuine BBS CH-R Alloys
XenonzUK Quattro grill
H&R Springs (on order)
S3clean
S3mot
S3clean
S3mot
S3dalveen
Installclutch
Ecotune1
Dynofiguress
Mirrors
Bbs5
Bbs3
Bbs4
Bbs2
Bbs

Reactions: mechanic69, HHS3 and leshkin
Would you recommemd Eco Tune for mapping as i am looking for a place down there

Looking great dude! Love those mirrors, are the wrapped or genuine casing?

Would you recommemd Eco Tune for mapping as i am looking for a place down there

Yeah they're a great bunch of guys. All seem to know what they're talking about and you feel like you can trust them with your car. Everything was really professional.

Looking great dude! Love those mirrors, are the wrapped or genuine casing?

Genuine casing with carbon skin and clearcoat. Bought from a company on eBay called carbongeneticsuk, fire them a message they are very helpful and the mirrors are great quality and a great fit

Lovely S3! What do you have planed for it?

Set of H&R lowering springs which are on their way, TTRS front brake set up and then a trip to the ring next year with the car :). Not sure what else, maybe just a few visual things to change but overall I'm quite happy with the car for now.

IMG 8684
IMG 8687
IMG 8686
Couple of updated pictures lowered on H&R springs with the new 19" BBS CH-R's on.

Reactions: leshkin and HHS3
Looking good buddy, liking the BBS a lot.

Very nice mate. How did you find the handling being at stage 2+ with standard suspension ?

Very nice mate. How did you find the handling being at stage 2+ with standard suspension ?
I never drive like a hero on the public road but it never felt unsafe during any spirited driving

Reactions: HHS3
Is the rs4 return valve a worthy mod? I’m running 366bhp with the autotech internals but was told not to bother with the valve?

Is the rs4 return valve a worthy mod? I’m running 366bhp with the autotech internals but was told not to bother with the valve?
Can't say for sure as I never had it mapped before and after to notice a difference but a few people said to do it. Since it was to do with fuelling I didn't want to risk not fitting it for the sake of £50 and an hours work.

Reactions: HHS3 and LukeJS3
The requirement for an uprated fuel return valve will depend on what map you are running. I was running Unicorn Stg2+ map with stock return valve and had no issues, because Rick managed the fuel rail pressure within software to be under the cracking pressure of the stock valve. Some maps do need it as they request higher fuel rail pressure then the stock valve allows.

I have a RS4 valve in the garage, if anyone needs one, after I had to upgrade as part of going hybrid, but then replaced it after it was found that I needed the 165bar valve with RS3 injectors.

Reactions: KieranS3 and HHS3
I’m running stage 2 unicorn software too so I’m in the same boat. I’m sure it’s rick who said there wouldn’t be a need for the valve, just required the hpfp internals.

Looks lovely, subtle but nice and mean, the BBS alloys look nice too! What's the reason for the sale?

Have now decided against selling the car, and am now looking for an RS3 or TT RS front brake set up if anyone has anything for sale. That being said, if anyone is interested in my S3 front brake set up which is still on the car functioning, please message me as they will be for sale in the near future.

ADMIN - Request for thread to be closed please.