Kicking A4

Assassin

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got the 2.8 30v engine in my A4, every now and then it kicks under heavy load. i.e. you floor it in 5th. It sometimes also feels like a hesitation. I’m thinking maybe a spark lead or plug? But apparently the plugs are good for 20k or 2years; mine are only 9k & 1 year.

I had this problem on my last car a Golf VR6 and that was leads... do you guys know if the 30 valver suffers from the same problems?

Any other advice would be gratefully received. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks in advance

Floor it in 5th? you need to be doing over a tonne to expect it to pull well in 5th. Peak power on my 2.8Q is about 5,000 revs, which is 98mph in 4th.
Does it hesitate in any other gear?

Could this be 'knocking' certainly high load low engine speed scenarios will result in pinking or a miss if the engine advance or anti-knock isn't working as it should.

First stop should be a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) check using either VAG COM or the dealers VAG diagnostic tool. Kicking or sputtering under high loads high gears could be any number of things.

Hopefully a DTC will be logged.