Keys locked in boot of A5 CAB

Simon1

Reaction score
Hello All

Yesterday afternoon, at school pick up time, my wife threw the kids stuff into the boot, closed it (it locks upon closure) and then realised that the keys had been tossed in alongside the kids bags, coats and books. There was a frantic call to me at work, what she expected me to be able to do from my desk some 30 miles away I really do not know. Fortunately, there was a parent nearby who ran her home (some 15 mins away) and then drove her back with the spare key. She was lucky this happened relatively close by; had it occured further afield she would have had some serious problems.

My question to anyone who may have experienced this is whether or not there is a way to gain access to the boot without getting the spare key?

Your experiences and thoughts would be most helpful.

Thank you.

lol like anyone is gonna tell you that even by pm with 11 posts!
usually you phone your breakdown company or get a brick!

Reactions: CHEZ and Andy Crooks
Thank's for that most helpful bit of information. About as useful as a chocolate tea pot!!!!!!
You'll be pleased to know someone did actually mail directly with some sensible advice - I'll test it and find out whether or not its possible.

Reactions: Ste_Nova
so effectivly your question is how do you break into the boot/car?

you dont, if you are the reptuable owner of the car, you get your spare key, which she did....... which, as it happens is why you have more than one key........ any more stoopid questions?

Reactions: CHEZ, johnnythepie, Andy Crooks and 1 other person
Easy enough if you have electronics experience and have access to the inside of the car.
Not something I would tell the wife to do over the phone thou!
Just a case of knowing which wire to cut and then energise the rear boot solenoid with a 12v pulse feed - need wire cutters and a length of wire.
And then when all done you need to make good the cut wire - but you can do that at home.

Which wire you ask?
As indicated in the Audi circuit diagrams - this will show the exact colour coding.

If you phone the AA / RAC this is what they do - as per my female colleague at a motorway services in her A4/B6 several years back.

No more stupid questions - just sensible answers.......

You may be surprised to hear that if you have access to the car you can get around the locked boot problem. Fortunately, there was some helpful advice that went alongside the sarcastic comments. Lets hope you are never stoopid enough to inadvertently lock your keys in your boot.

Simon we don't need to give thieves a how to guide on breaking in peoples cars thats why members replied that way.

Reactions: aqibi2000 and Ste_Nova
Simon we don't need to give thieves a how to guide on breaking in peoples cars thats why members replied that way.

And there was me thinking that people offered assistance and tried to help one another rather than provide unhelpful advice. I can assure you that I am at the other end of the spectrum when it comes to taking without the owners consent.

And there was me thinking that people offered assistance and tried to help one another rather than provide unhelpful advice. I can assure you that I am at the other end of the spectrum when it comes to taking without the owners consent.
I do not doubt that at all but the information would be on a public forum,if I would of seen your thread I would of locked it and said PM you.

Reactions: Ste_Nova
Guess the A5 has a remote boot release in the cockpit and the car was also locked in your wife's case?

Good to know you have a secure boot and you recovered the car and locked keys without too much hassle.

Last edited:
I have recently purchased a conv a5, i have to say it is very easy to lock your keys in the boot. I was playing around with it the day i got it and realised that this could happen. Just hope it doesnt catch the missus out one day when she is miles from home. I have warned her so hopfully it wont. Only happens when the car is locked and you unlock the boot on its own. So just try not to do that i suppose.

If the rest of the car is unlocked, is there a central locking lock/unlock on it? (most cars do)

If the doors are locked too, I guess its spare key time

Hello All

Yesterday afternoon, at school pick up time, my wife threw the kids stuff into the boot, closed it (it locks upon closure) and then realised that the keys had been tossed in alongside the kids bags, coats and books. There was a frantic call to me at work, what she expected me to be able to do from my desk some 30 miles away I really do not know. Fortunately, there was a parent nearby who ran her home (some 15 mins away) and then drove her back with the spare key. She was lucky this happened relatively close by; had it occured further afield she would have had some serious problems.

My question to anyone who may have experienced this is whether or not there is a way to gain access to the boot without getting the spare key?

Your experiences and thoughts would be most helpful.

Thank you.
ESTATES ; IF THE CAR ISNT LOCKED GET INTO BACK SEAT LEVER UP FLAP IT WILL COME UP FROM SLOTS ,HAND OR WIRE WILL FETCH KEYS ,just letting people know ,i have just done it

I locked the key in the boot of my then A5 coupe.

Also locked in the car was my wallet, mobile phone, house keys, etc. As Audi assist claimed they couldn't get in without breaking something I ended up getting a locksmith to help me enter my house to get a spare key.

At that point I regretted not getting advanced key where this is impossible.

Presume you don’t have the myAudi app to open the car!?

I think that the first thing is to check all the windows for cracks, you can suddenly get it, but objectively, without a spare key and application - there is no possibility.