1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyless theft and Fob copying theft. Get it sorted ASAP

CharlieSAudi Apr 5, 2018

1. CharlieSAudi

CharlieSAudi Member Team Ibis Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S5 S-line owners group DSG

So had my car stolen the other day. But managed to get her back a few hours later.

Thought I didn’t have to worry as I no longer had my keyless A7 and thought it wouldn’t work with my new car as it was a fob insert.

It was taken in minutes and this is how:
    E6187E40-9C4F-4083-B5F3-716DCBBCF0BC.png

Trust me don’t be like me and think it won’t happen.

The other option if you have keyless entry keep your key (don’t laugh) in the microwave ! It blocks the frequency when their trying to pick it up standing at your front door.

Another option is this:
    25BA00C1-2C0B-4DA9-854F-72C24A9D6DD0.jpeg
    Which sounds and looks alot better but for the time being microwave.

Just looking out guys, been a high rise in S models.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Shocker

Shocker Active Member

Hi
    We have had a few thefts up here in falkirk Scotland
    Mostly Audi q5
    Two have gone in the last few months around the corner from me
    A civic type r went nearly caught the guys but they done a runner when my wife banged on the window thinking it was young kids
    Various other double glazing doors prised open but no entry gained

4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

5. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

My mates just given me a contact number to get this fitted, very soon.

JG

voorhees likes this.
  6. voorhees

JG,its all about the inconvienince for them,I see your one is shinier than mine and two cylinders less so even more of a pull.
    I don't subscribe to the line that "if they really want it they will get it" if we make it harder to pinch then they'll go elsewhere.

kanecullen89 and JG51 AUD like this.
  7. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

Your right mate, if they want it, they'll find a way, but I don't intend making it easy for them.
    We must protect our cars any way we can.

JG

8. JG51 AUD

@voorhees you attending AITP this year?

JG

voorhees likes this.
  9. Booboo

Booboo Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Black Edition quattro S-line owners group S tronic

Remove the power source to the OBD port. Simple and free

10. mxnrg

mxnrg Well-Known Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 SQ5 owners group Audi Q5 MQB Platform

Is that a fuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11. CharlieSAudi

CharlieSAudi Member Team Ibis Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S5 S-line owners group DSG

2nd that, is it just a fuse ? If so let’s hope they haven’t been down to Halfords.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. arad85

arad85 Well-Known Member Team V6 Audi S5 Black Edition

14. CharlieSAudi

Cheers @arad85 ill do that the weekend. Annoyingly they were able to bypass the deadlock on my car when they stole it but still worth a shot for the time being.

15. voorhees

Yes,I did last year but was time restricted so with the new venue gremlins and the time limit I never made it in.

JG51 AUD likes this.
  16. JG51 AUD

You could always get there early this year, and help pitch the ASN tent with us early birds. :yes:

JG

voorhees likes this.
  17. Booboo

Booboo Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Black Edition quattro S-line owners group S tronic

You can buy little OBD disabled stickers for frint windows too.

andyay123 and CharlieSAudi like this.
  18. andyay123

andyay123 Active Member

It wouldn't stop them but i like the idea