Keyless start

Wemo 1973

Reaction score
Jumped out the car at Hospital today and changed drivers ,car Still running .Wife left with Car I walked upstairs to Ward I was going too realises I still had key tried to phone wife no answer.Wife manages to drive Car All the way home 20
Odd miles with no key present .Didn’t think this was possible ? Anybody else experienced this misshap ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine comes up with a warning if the key leaves the car when switched on. Tbf I've never tried driving off in it with no key!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Wife says something came up on dash but the further she got down the road the more worried she was that she would get stuck with start stop or Car cutting out because of no key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is quite normal for any keyless start however if the engine had stopped she would not been able to start it. The warning is clear when the key is a certain distance from the vehicle and displays immediately..

This is quite normal for any keyless start however if the engine had stopped she would not been able to start it. The warning is clear when the key is a certain distance from the vehicle and displays immediately..
I've had the warning before, but always when parked with the ignition on. I'm curious, does stop/start count as the engine being stopped? How does the system handle the key battery dying mid-journey?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I've had the warning before, but always when parked with the ignition on. I'm curious, does stop/start count as the engine being stopped? How does the system handle the key battery dying mid-journey?

I don't know about the stop/start part, but I'm pretty sure that if you run out of power you can place the key in the centre console and it uses RFID or similar to be able to start the car without the battery being full. I could be wrong, it's just something that I'd heard.

Reactions: Psychoscot

It seems to be as sometimes when I get out of the car with my keys the engine stops and a message comes up that it requires a full, or manual restart. The gearbox will also go to 'P' from 'D'.
If the battery does die there is the key pad under the armrest.

Reactions: Psychoscot and Daggerit