Keyless start issue

far2tall

Reaction score
Bit of a strange one. For the last 4 months or so I’ve been having issues with starting my car on a regular basis. I have 2 keys, both with brand new batteries (changed several times over the last few months). Both keys lock and unlock the car from a decent distance, say 10 metres or so. Once I’m in the car and press the start button I get a message on the dash saying ‘key not recognised, touch against dashboard’. There’s a key symbol in the dash which is never actually noticed until I had this problem. When I touch the key to the dash it works so it’s not a major issue but kind of defeats the object of having a keyless start. I never had this issue with my previous car (A7, 2013) and it’s been into the main stealer 3 times under warranty now and they’ve failed to diagnose the issue. Has anyone ever had a similar problem?
D61C3C7E D258 4C5D AD4E 73BE94BAED88

I had something similar with my last c7 when I parked at work. Some interference was causing it but it worked everywhere else. I blamed the mobile mast in the car park