Keyless Go vs Convenience Key

Jabba1980

Reaction score
Hi

I hope someone can clear this up for me as the brochure is confusing...

So an A4 Sline Avant comes as standard with 'Keyless Go'.

There's then an option of Advanced Key (which is also part of the Comfort and Sound Pack).

What's the difference between Keyless go and Advanced Key? Is one just stop/start via the dash button and the other means the car can be opened without having to get the key out of your pocket?

Cheers

The brochure also mentions 'Convenience Key', so I guess my question is what is the difference...

Keyless Go vs Convenience Key vs Advanced key?

Thanks

Keyless go means a start button on the centre console to start the engine with the key in your pocket, convenience key means you keep the key in your pocket when unlocking the doors, hence most call it keyless unlocking.

Perfect, thanks! So without the convenience key, I'd have to press the button to unlock the car, but then could keep the key in my pocket to start it?

On my current car (A3 8v), I'm sure the two were combined. Thinks that's where my confusion came from.

Cheers for your help.

Perfect, thanks! So without the convenience key, I'd have to press the button to unlock the car, but then could keep the key in my pocket to start it?

On my current car (A3 8v), I'm sure the two were combined. Thinks that's where my confusion came from.

Cheers for your help.
Exactly it, the keyless go comes with the a4 as standard, unlike the a3, so then you have to buy the convenience key to have keyless lock/unlock. However with the convenience key on the a4 don't you also get the sensor under the rear boot so you just waggke your foot under it to open the bootlid?
Just looked at the brochure and they call it advanced key and the convenience key, usual audi confusion, and it comes with the boot sensor and the electric bootlid..

Last edited:
Thanks! Much appreciated. Just read that. Think the electric bootlid is for the Avant only.

It doesn't seem to make any distinction in the brochure that I could see just different codes from the saloon to the avant..

Yes, think you are right. Apologies. I was getting mixed up with powered tailgate which, I believe, is avant only.

On the online configurator (under safety and technology --> other) the saloon has an option for advanced key, but the avant doesn't. I wonder if that's just a glitch in the configurator?