keyless entry

MrLapou

Reaction score
Okay, I've read the hand book which is rubbish...
Can some kind person explain how to lock / unlock car without key.

I've walked away from the car and returned without key in pocket, to find it was still unlocked!!!!

To lock it you click/swipe with your finger in the square on the door handle. You then have a couple of seconds to check if door is locked without it unlocking itself.

To unlock, just place your hand between the handle and the door and touch the handle.

Thought you were selling up?

Have you spec'd Kessy on your new wheels then? :)

Are all the features of the "kessy" system available on the A3? Never seen or heard of the window/panoramic roof convenience open by clicking on the button on the handle.

Are all the features of the "kessy" system available on the A3? Never seen or heard of the window/panoramic roof convenience open by clicking on the button on the handle.
Need to try that - closing the windows through the door handle.

I love the fact you can't lock your key/fob in the car. It's even clever enough to know where the key/fob is whether it's in the boot or inside the cabin. Clever stuff. How much is this extra?

I have sold up and join the GTI Club.
Yes car has Kessy... So thought I'd ask you guys who are on the ball..

If it wasn't already fitted to the car, I personally would not bother with it.
However the ACC is worth a shout once you've got used to it. Very impressive if coupled to the S-Tronic.DGS box. On its own, slowed and stopped the car when approaching a line of cars sitting at lights. All I did was turn the steering wheel. Plus keeps a set distance from cars ahead.

Thought you were selling up?

Have you spec'd Kessy on your new wheels then? :)

I set the mirrors to auto fold in when the car is locked then you can see visually whether the car is locked or unlocked. Once you get used to the keyless entry it's a breeze. You'll soon get the hang of it. The video is spot on.

I think the handbook quite clearly explains how to lock/unlock with keyless entry. Unless you expect it to do something it can't...