Keyless Entry On Sportback

icebun

Reaction score
Can I ask for those that have it on their Sportback, apart from the boot, whether or not you can use this to open your rear doors as well?

Can I ask for those that have it on their Sportback, apart from the boot, whether or not you can use this to open your rear doors as well?

I definitely know you can as next door have an A4 and the little square indents to lock the car are on every door handle.

I wouldn't say clearly wrong. I say no because it clearly doesn't on my car, but surely this is the default system so from my car/input, no.

My A5 worked on all five doors but my S3 Sportback only works on front and boot.

When you say open do you mean unlock? My 1 series you had to go in the I drive menu to tick the option for having keyless unlock all doors, probably child proofing reasons.
That's a bit poo if it dosent though it's one of the main reasons I specced it because coming out of tesco in the rain with an arm full of shopping and children is made a whole lot easier with it

He means by going to the rear pax door first and open. It doesn't work for rear doors as already mentioned.

On the 8v it has always been the case that the front door handles have the sensors not the rear ones. You can open the boot/hatch separately from the doors..

You just have to stick your hand behind the front door handle and it'll unlock the rear doors anyway though so it's no great problem.

All I do is stroke the handle with a finger, there is no need to put your hand behind it..

Reactions: monopole
Really? Thought the sensors were on the inside. I'll have to try that later.

I thnk it's a proximity type sensor on the inside (just put hand in behind the door handle) and a touch sensitivity on the outside (the little square thing on the handle)

I just tried it, it worked touching the outside of the handle (not on the square) to unlock it

Reactions: monopole
I just tried it, it worked touching the outside of the handle (not on the square) to unlock it

Nope, I have to touch the little square to lock/unlock or put my hand behind the handle to unlock