keyless entry not working

Denis Jianu

Reaction score
Hi all.

Since I have bought my Audi A7 keyless entry did not work. I can unlock and lock the car without any problems using the key fob but if for example I am next to the car, key in the pocket, grab the door handle(touching the sensor) and try to open the door, door will not unlock. Is this an issue or the car might not be fitted with this option?

Audi A7 2011

Are you sure it's fitted, keyless was an optional extra to open the car. However they all had keyless starting.

Are you sure it's fitted, keyless was an optional extra to open the car. However they all had keyless starting.

I do not know exactly if the one with the option to open the door key less have a different door handle. Mine has the sensor on the outside of the handle, don't know if it needs to have some sort of sensor on the inside as well. As I saw and searched on the web it seems like all of them come with the keyless entry option. Especially the A7

Can you lock the door with the square button on the door handle? If not then your car does not have keyless. As the door handles look like they have keyless but they are not.

Like almost everything on Audi's (even the A7) full keyless was an option, look for option code 4F2 on either the service book or the sticker in the car that lists all of the option code fitted to your A7. If you cannot see the 4F2 code in your list then you don't have keyless.

Can you lock the door with the square button on the door handle? If not then your car does not have keyless. As the door handles look like they have keyless but they are not.

Like almost everything on Audi's (even the A7) full keyless was an option, look for option code 4F2 on either the service book or the sticker in the car that lists all of the option code fitted to your A7. If you cannot see the 4F2 code in your list then you don't have keyless.

Yeah,
I have checked and it looks like I can't find the 4F2 code anywhere so it means it is not fitted. Anyway do you have any ideea if this can be fitted and how complicated would it be?

Thanks for your help.