Keyfob closure probs

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Done a forum search and couldnt anything, so.............

Why wont my sr/windows open/close from the fob?
It used do, but seems to please itself.

Same with the one touch feature, I guess I probably have to click 5 times on a full moon, standing on one leg or something.....?

Cheers gents
Paul

There are a number of "comfort" settings in VAGCOM for opening\closure of doors, windows, sunroof, etc.

There is a way to enable it with the key, but I can't remember what it is. No doubt somebody else will be along soon to tell you how to do it.

Cheers, it used to work. As did the one touch windows.

Not sure If Ive ***** up the setting somehow just via the fob and window buttons?

Try holding the window switch up fully after you close the window this should reset the one touch system. The keyfob wont closes the windows unless one touch is reset.

Failing that do a search on this forum 'reset windows' there seem to be lots of slightly different opinions on how to reset windows :search:

I'm glad this was posted. Not for that fact that yours no longer work but for the fact that I didn't even know that my A3 was able to do this. I've only had the car for 6 months..

I hope you get this sorted soon, but thanks for enlightening me.

Cheers, it used to work. As did the one touch windows.

Not sure If Ive ***** up the setting somehow just via the fob and window buttons?

are you getting the timing right with the second button press? To open the windows I need to press the unlock key once then after 0.5 seconds and before 1 second (No, I've not timed it!) press and hold the unlock button again, opposite true for locking/closing....

Is it possible to get the sunroof to close with the key fob? I was told this was not possible by my Audi dealer :huh: This is on a 2007 8P S3.

You should be able to just lock the car and hold the button to close the windows. I don't think it requires a second press. I may be wrong, but that's not how I remember it working the last time I used it.

Is it possible to get the sunroof to close with the key fob? I was told this was not possible by my Audi dealer :huh: This is on a 2007 8P S3.
Yes there is a setting in VAGCOM.

Operating Windows and Sunroof with Remote
(Note, the sunroof cannot be opened with the remote)

You need to continuously hold the remote button for the function to operate.
[Select]

[46 - Cent. Conv.]

[Long Coding - 07]

[Long Coding Helper]

Click on each of the Byte numbers in step 3) and you'll see the selectable options below.

Uncheck the box for "Comfort function power windows/sunroof via remote control inactive"

Check the box for "Comfort opening power windows via remote control active"

Check the box for "Comfort closing power windows via remote control active"

Check the box for "Closing sunroof via remote control active"

[Transfer Coding]

[Do It!]

Note: For some reason, VW does not allow the sunroof to be opened using the remote, only closed, despite the presence of a checkbox indication that feature

You should be able to just lock the car and hold the button to close the windows. I don't think it requires a second press. I may be wrong, but that's not how I remember it working the last time I used it.

Yeah, mine works the same...only thing it doesn't do is close the sunroof. This i could do on my Mk5 GTI though :ermm:

Ive reset the windows back to `one touch` (thanks guys).

But the fob closure isnt still inop?

It definately used to work including the sunroof.

Why do Audi give is so many flamin settings than can be configured through the normal controls?

I just dont want all of that choice!! and comfort settings nonsense. Give us everything! and once its set (dealer/vagcom) then I want it idiot proof.

For example, if you have an esr then why on earth would you NOT want it linked to the key fob closure?

Sorry, rant over.

Any ideas how to get the closure function back?

cheers
Paul

Mine closes my sunroof. It was already set from the factory though.

There's a setting on VAG.COM to let you open the sunroof also but it doesn't work. Anyone managed to do this?