1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Keyfob battery

Devilz Sep 20, 2017

1. Devilz

Devilz Active Member VCDS Map User

I need to change the battery in one of keyfob as it is low and I keep getting battery low message in DIS. I went to get the battery and I was told with Audi's when battery is replaced it needs to be done in certain amount of time otherwise it would need reprogramming. Is it actually a thing to worry?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Johnny31

Johnny31 Registered User

I have never experienced any problems (changed batteries in both fobs several times).
    As long as you don't leave it overnight I guess, you should be ok... ;)

Sent from my mobile...

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

As above, you have plenty of time to swap, but don't leave for a long period.

5. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

wife said her key had shown the wsrning so I just swapped it for a spare battery in the draw no issues since.

6. Devilz

Devilz Active Member VCDS Map User

Thanks for the replies. I managed to do it without any hassle.

7. quattrov6tdi

quattrov6tdi Registered User

Hi guys,
    My car was in with Audi to get the mactronix done and before I left I got a new battery for the spare key, came home and changed it. The red light flashed when I put in the battery but it won't open or close the car or start it. The other key is working. Any advice greatly appreciated.

8. J10NMM

J10NMM Registered User

it takes less than 10 seconds to change a battery in the key

9. Audidi

Audidi Useful idiot

My spare key had a complete flat battery when I got it, it still worked on the car when I changed the battery.