Saloon Key in Boot Safety Feature?

Soup

Reaction score
Hoping there were no CCTV cams in the supermarket car park today.

Imagine the picture ....... deposit shopping and handbag in boot, close boot, walk to car door, boot opens. Walk back to boot, close boot, walk back to car door, boot opens. Walk back to boot, close boot (more fiercely this time), walk back to car door, boot opens. Walk back to boot, check pocket to find key not in pocket as thought but in handbag which is in boot.
How clever is that??!! Did anyone else know the RS had that as a safety feature or am I seriously behind the drag curve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Toshers, zippster and NevMan
Hoping there were no CCTV cams in the supermarket car park today.

Imagine the picture ....... deposit shopping and handbag in boot, close boot, walk to car door, boot opens. Walk back to boot, close boot, walk back to car door, boot opens. Walk back to boot, close boot (more fiercely this time), walk back to car door, boot opens. Walk back to boot, check pocket to find key not in pocket as thought but in handbag which is in boot.
How clever is that??!! Did anyone else know the RS had that as a safety feature or am I seriously behind the drag curve?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t know that but I might have a sneaky try (in the garage)

If it makes you feel better I’m sure the cctv tape had run out!

Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: Soup
My car locks by touching the handle but wouldn't work t'other day, turns out key was still in car not in pocket!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta, NevMan, Soup and 1 other person
Going to try that tomorrow! *if I get locked out of my car I'm blaming you!

Reactions: AudiNutta, NevMan, Soup and 1 other person
I found this out the other month, very clever but I also didn't have a clue what was going and couldn't figure it out. What made it worse was i'd just come off a 12 hour night shift so I just put it down to being tired but then eventually it clicked :scared2::icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and zippster
I think this only works with advanced key guys... don't want anyone locking their non-advanced key in the boot!!!

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan
I think this only works with advanced key guys... don't want anyone locking their non-advanced key in the boot!!!

Haha, yes, advanced key only.
I had a previous (non Audi) with keyless and took me months to figure out I could lock by pressing door handle.

Be careful though as it does lock after an hour, I left my keys in my boot when at my friends house to go for a run. Got back and it had locked.