Key fob memory

maxdrz400

Reaction score
I was silly enough to lose my one and only key for the car a few weeks ago.

I rang around for ages trying to get a replacement, audi wanted hundred but I managed to find a local ish guy willing to come to me and sort me out a new key and remote fob for a slightly better price, but still wasnt cheap.

The key worked fine for a few days then wouldn't unlock the car, I've tried two different techniques to recode the key to the car.
Both of them work and the car will lock and unlock a few times, then next time I go to unlock the car it wont work again.
I then tried a new Duracell battery in the fob to rule that out and still no change.

It's starting to get frustrating as I'm having to manually unlock the car each time, which you can tell the key is clearly not designed to do so only a matter of time before that breaks.

Is there something I can do to make the key and car remember each over once they have been paired? They clearly work just dont remember.

It needs diagnostically checking whether it's receiving the signal or not, as it could be the convenience module or if they've used non Audi keys, could be this, check the battery contacts are not causing the battery to loose connection.

Personally, I'd ask them to come back & resolve it at least check the cars seeing them everytime.

It's not an audi key I dont think, looks like the old one but hadn't got the logo.

Pretty much no chance of them coming back, it's a 1 man band and was difficult enough to get him there in the first place, the chance with no money on the table is minimal.
I wouldn't have used him, but I was in a pinch and didnt have any other options.

Whereabouts are you located?

Pics of the key both sides & open the blade see if you have a part number behind that.

Sorry for the late reply, I lent the car to the father in law.

I'm based in south east kent, and will post a picture of the part number.

So that's the part number from where the key blade sits when closed.

Attachments

• 20200425_132212.jpg
    20200425_132212.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92