Key fob battery warning / battery low?

Terminator x

Reaction score
Weird one as car (S3) is just 2.5 years old - appeared on dash last night and now comes up every time car is started. I even changed the fob to the 2nd one that has never been used yet the same warning appears!

Any thoughts?

Edit - not keyless just your usual twist ignition and go type.

TX.

I just got it on my S5. I took out the battery and then put it back in again, and no more messages...perhaps it’s just slightly miss aligned in the fob from being dropped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine been on 2weeks now every day i tell myself swap ya friggin key or battery, i just dont listen pmsl.
will do it later.....

Got a new key around 2yrs ago and since then it’s sat in a drawer. Key I normally use needs the battery replaced so thought I would use the key that effectively hasn’t been used since new. Got the same warning 1st time I used it! I think they just drain and need changing every few yrs. it’s only a few £’s for 2 so not a big deal.

swapped both of mine recently. i think the cold weather may effect them somehow. recall people having the same problem last time we had snow. maybe the receiver is frozen up or something?

Mine did this, the car was only a year old at the time. The message stayed on every time I started the car but key kept on working for 18 months until one day it wouldn't unlock so I swapped to the spare one and that said the same thing. I changed the battery in both of them and all fine now.

Same with me but once I changed key it was fine. I'd of said it's the battery in both keys @terminator x

Sorry to reply to an old thread, but my keys keep "running out". I've changed the battery 3 or 4 times since November or so, and every few weeks it will start showing the warning messages again which is really bizarre. It's not like they aren't running out either, because if I leave it long enough the keys will stop working and I have to unlock the car manually.

I've tried batteries from different shops / brands, but it still keeps happening. I might have to switch over to the spare key and see if it keeps happening too. I don't keep the keys in my trouser pockets, so it isn't like the buttons are being constantly activated either.

I'm the same mate I am on my fourth battery in as many years.
Odd question, but do you unlock / lock your car when you're next to it or quite far away? I usually lock it / unlock it from far-ish away which could maybe use more power?

Reactions: CHEZ
Odd question, but do you unlock / lock your car when you're next to it or quite far away? I usually lock it / unlock it from far-ish away which could maybe use more power?

I will have some of what he is drinking please.
:wtf:

You are pressing a button, not kicking a ball.
OK another way, your TV remote won't use more battery power if your 1 metre away or 10 metres away.
You press a button and the same effect happens

Reactions: Kondax and Ormesome
I will have some of what he is drinking please.
:wtf:

You are pressing a button, not kicking a ball.
OK another way, your TV remote won't use more battery power if your 1 metre away or 10 metres away.
You press a button and the same effect happens
Was a random guess based on requiring energy to transmit the signal, didn't know if it had a "response" signal and it would repeat x times until it received that. I assume not though

Reactions: CHEZ
Was a random guess based on requiring energy to transmit the signal, didn't know if it had a "response" signal and it would repeat x times until it received that. I assume not though

Ah OK, I grant you a royal pardon:yes:

Reactions: Kondax