Key Battery Flat Query

rvtb101

For some reason I decided to use my second key to move the car around on the drive earlier in the week and the car decided to inform me that the battery was flat in the key.

I've had the car almost five years and always used the same key. (2014 A3 Sportback SLine)

I'm thinking either Audi have replaced the battery when it has gone in for service or do the batteries charge up from the car?

Any one able to shed any light?
Thanks in advance, Rich

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)
Keys use a standard CR2032 battery which don't charge from the vehicle. Pop to Tesco and pick up a replacement for £2 and pop it in your key.

RichardT

My first one went after about 3 years. Duracell replacement only lasted a year. Easy and cheap to replace.

S32B

For some reason I decided to use my second key to move the car around on the drive earlier in the week and the car decided to inform me that the battery was flat in the key.

I've had the car almost five years and always used the same key. (2014 A3 Sportback SLine)

I'm thinking either Audi have replaced the battery when it has gone in for service or do the batteries charge up from the car?

Any one able to shed any light?
Thanks in advance, Rich
Here you go mate, a lot of things around the home use them! I used one for the house doorbell press yesterday, always handy to have around the house https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Ener...369032&hash=item441eefbaa8:g:TuAAAOSwUwlbBrc~

Think someone posted a while back that Audi wanted £10 to change one!!!