Kerbed RS6

Roswell

Reaction score
Guys,

One of our RS6s got kerbed today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

What's the best option..........get it repaired, get an RS6 "style" wheel or get an official wheel from Audi?

I don't really fancy having one wheel that's a different colour from the rest, so am considering the new Audi wheel as my option, but am looking for your experiences and opinions please.

Cheers.

Ouch! I've done one of mine and I'm in the same mind as you about getting it refurbed and looking different. How about we wait until we both knacker another one each and I get Danny to do us a full set cheap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd go with the repair.. i had my beemer wheels refurbed and the colour match was perfect.. so it saves a packet, looks good, and you're not quite so gutted if it happens again!

oh and when you change your tyres next, switch to a brand with a lip to help minimise that!

;-)

Whats the deal with these repairs. Are they actually any good? How much damage can be repaired?

Yes, I've got a couple of kerbed ones but I was only guilty on one occassion.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go with the repair.. i had my beemer wheels refurbed and the colour match was perfect.. so it saves a packet, looks good, and you're not quite so gutted if it happens again!

oh and when you change your tyres next, switch to a brand with a lip to help minimise that!

;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the deal with these lipped tyres then.....any more info anyone?

I had one of my RS6 style wheels refurbed(Audi took they car to the guy they recommended for me) and although the repair was spot on the guy wasnt able to get the right colour match, it was more of a grey than a silver you could only really see it when the sun shone on the wheel and the light reflected of certain angles.

I phoned loads of people and even emailed Ronal who make the wheels. The colour code hasnt and wont be released by Ronal due to the contract they have with Audi, Audi wont even release it to the dealers, they obviously want people to buy new wheels. All the companies I spoke to about having it repainted the correct colour said they wont get the same match but it should be pretty close. I wasnt prepared to take the risk again and put the cost of the respray towards a new wheel, which set me back £280+VAT with 20% discount from the dealer.

The wheel on the left of this pic is the refurbed one
IMG_0508_1.jpg

Thanks again for the input guys.

Has anyone bought any of the replicas that are on Ebay and if so how do they match colour-wise to the real RS6s. Also are there any other differences, ie weight etc?

Its a fair point about colour match -

I had all four wheels refurbished at the same time when I bought the beemer, so colour match was less of an issue as they all ended up the same..

they were in a SHOCKING state, big chunks missing from some edges, scrapes all the way round on all of them, including on some spoke faces.. had planned to replace, but was advised to try the refurb first (£££)

the refurb result was excellent, stunned with the difference to be honest, wished I had some 'before pics' but heres the 'afters'.. cost me £160 for all four, and all four had been appalling.. money well spent in my opinion! looked great, but didnt cost the earth, and i wouldnt have been so gutted if it happened again..

DSC_1521.JPG

DSC_1522.JPG

DSC_1523.JPG

Oh and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 also have the anti-kerb lip - but the Eagle F1s are loads better in my opinion!

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone bought any of the replicas that are on Ebay and if so how do they match colour-wise to the real RS6s. Also are there any other differences, ie weight etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do DO NOT mix a replica wheel with the genuine ones. There will be weight differences that could lead to unpredictable handling.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do DO NOT mix a replica wheel with the genuine ones. There will be weight differences that could lead to unpredictable handling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought that was the case. Thanks Booster.