Kenwood Bluetooth not working

Bolly

Reaction score
Hi All

After many years away (life got in the way...) I finally got a chance to get my hands dirty again. Interesting to see how technology has moved on (DAB, 2x Bluetooth with auto pairing... mind blowing) over the years and how the costs have come down!

Anyhow, I got hold of a kenwood DPX-7000DAB double DIN unit a few months ago and installed it. Everything worked well and I was very pleased. It may not sound as good as past unit but it does everything and more in terms of functions so I was very very pleased. All was well....but fast forward 4-5 weeks and I noticed that the 'red' Bluetooth flashing light stopped and the unit does not pair with any phone not is it findable when searched for. It's like Bluetooth has been switched off.

I cannot for the life of me find a Bluetooth switch on/off button or setting.

I cannot see a reset button on the headunit.

Has anyone been in this position before?

What else can I try?

Regards

Bolly

Hi mate, bottom left corner is an unmarked button which is reset. Press twice within 5 seconds to reset the unit, this won't delete the BT device pairing so should just link up again.

Here's the pdf version of the manual, see page 14, 19 and 24 to name a few: click