Keep looking for an RS3 deal!

Kugaman1

Reaction score
Im on the look out for a Sepang RS3.
I almost dealt on one at Lincoln Audi, was offered a great deal but the car was lacking the dynamic pack which was a bit of a turn off for me.

So now Ive seen this one......

http://www.gcmotors.co.uk/audi-rs3-tfsi-sportback-s-tronic-quattro-5dr-in-north-yorkshire-5564638

It has the dynamic pack but only the base stereo!!

Im looking for a Sepang RS3 with dynamic pack and at least the Audi Sound System, or even B+O....anything else would be a bonus. I DONT want an ex demonstrator.

Id buy new if I could get a decent deal.

I would also like a decent trade in figure for my S3!!

Am I asking for the impossible?

2 owners already that car.Not great for resale.
I think u either get a discount off the car and they give u basic trade in or vice versa.Wont tend to get it good both ways I don't think.
Is the WBAC price on your own a put off?

Yes, WBAC price is beyond a joke!

They offer £2k under book price!

Yes, WBAC price is beyond a joke!

They offer £2k under book price!

Wewantanycar.co.uk....my car 10k miles panroof satnav....£25,550
Audi £24,500
WBAC...Exact same as Audi

Lookers Audi only have 1 on its way...but no bang and Olufsen...and just standard seats...no doubt you have seen my thread?

The thing is with me l a wanted a specific spec. But could move on a colour..Sepang/Catalunya/Mythos/Floret.All with BSP

MY SPEC
Comfort Package
Dynamic Package
Bang and Olufsen
Privacy
BSP
Pan roof
Roof rails
Folding Mirrors
High Gloss Black Alloys
Tech pack...no connect
Lunar Super Seats
That was my limit...the RS3 is expensive enough standard and with my spec,l was hitting my limit indeed

I have more chance of winning the Lottery and jumping into bed with Eva Mendes...than getting even close to my spec/colour

Ps thats a nice example of the RS3 your looking at

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Wewantanycar.co.uk....my car 10k miles panroof satnav....£25,550
Audi £24,500
WBAC...Exact same as Audi

Lookers Audi only have 1 on its way...but no bang and Olufsen...and just standard seats...no doubt you have seen my thread?

The thing is with me l a wanted a specific spec. But could move on a colour..Sepang/Catalunya/Mythos/Floret.All with BSP

MY SPEC
Comfort Package
Dynamic Package
Bang and Olufsen
Privacy
BSP
Pan roof
Roof rails
Folding Mirrors
High Gloss Black Alloys
Tech pack...no connect
Lunar Super Seats
That was my limit...the RS3 is expensive enough standard and with my spec,l was hitting my limit indeed

I have more chance of winning the Lottery and jumping into bed with Eva Mendes...than getting even close to my spec/colour

Ps thats a nice example of the RS3 your looking at

Just get a new order in mate ... that is your solution and the waiting time has to be greatly reduced now surely ?

If you are of the mindset that you would take a car now (if there was one) then get an order banged in for a car perfectly tailored to your personal spec - get your lad on the case to max out the discount and in a few months jobs done ... there you go all sorted for ya :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Just get a new order in mate ... that is your solution and the waiting time has to be greatly reduced now surely ?

If you are of the mindset that you would take a car now (if there was one) then get an order banged in for a car perfectly tailored to your personal spec - get your lad on the case to max out the discount and in a few months jobs done ... there you go all sorted for ya :)

Hi pal....my son spoke to the boss 1 up from him...£2000 discount off a £50k car....We then bumped into the man that really matters we both spoke to him...my son said "was it not 9% discount standard on the RS3 a few weeks ago"..."yes he said but Audi....have...really lowered it back down to 4-5%".....l was told i would get 11-5% by my son several weeks ago...l am not going to get reemed by any one for a car mate...Yeah if l ordered a RS3...my negative equity would be more than halved by the time l got it, to about £1500.They dont understand why its dropped, so how are we on here supposed to...plus remember...discounts aint as great up here as down South

Was chatting to Aberdeen Audi today once again.

The best deal they can offer is as follows on a factory order:

Audi RS3 Sepang with Dynamic pack and ***. List price £43095.
They want my 2015(15) S3 with 4000 miles plus £17k. Delivery would be late April/early May. Ive told them to forget it...in essence they are giving me about £1k above book for mine and zero discount on the RS3. Very dissapointing considering we have bought 2 new cars from them in the past year.

Tidy car mate, pretty much the spec I would like...but its a bit pricey! Its very close to brand new money!
A brand new one would only be £1k more.......

Mileage is also 3000 on the sellers site but autotrader says 2000...... I wonder if its in daily use??

I now of just the car that's in a showroom and ready to roll, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll forward to the General sales manager. The car they have lists at 47K and has all that you require, I sat in it today when paying out on mine :)

Reactions: Kugaman1
Jassyo06,

I was offered £23500 at wbac and wewantanycar offered £25000. Audi offered £24500, tight bathplugs.
They increased that to £26200 against a factory order RS3 but zero discount on the new car.

Maybe Im after too much! Im looking for a cost to change of £15k..... Not having much luck!

Im loathe to place a factory order unless the car is discounted because the imminent facelift will undoubtedly hit values.....

Hi pal....my son spoke to the boss 1 up from him...£2000 discount off a £50k car....We then bumped into the man that really matters we both spoke to him...my son said "was it not 9% discount standard on the RS3 a few weeks ago"..."yes he said but Audi....have...really lowered it back down to 4-5%".....l was told i would get 11-5% by my son several weeks ago...l am not going to get reemed by any one for a car mate...Yeah if l ordered a RS3...my negative equity would be more than halved by the time l got it, to about £1500.They dont understand why its dropped, so how are we on here supposed to...plus remember...discounts aint as great up here as down South

Damn the market is pretty fluid then isn't it. Totally understand where you're coming from now then pal. Hmm maybe the TTS financials will outweigh the RS3 engine after all ... unless a high spec built car does turn up that a deal can be done on.
Wish I could help more but the facts really are plain & simple aren't they.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Kugaman1
So cool how we have people doing their best to help others out on ASN :sunglasses:

Loving the car searches going on at the moment ... nice one Guys :yes:

I now of just the car that's in a showroom and ready to roll, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll forward to the General sales manager. The car they have lists at 47K and has all that you require, I sat in it today when paying out on mine :)

Thanks buddy but £47k is way outside my budget.... Im simply not willing to pay over the odds for options that I dont particularly need......Im sick of never getting anything back for them come trade in time.
I will pay for Sepang, upgraded music and dynamic pack, but all the other add ons are throwing away money unless nicely discounted!

With my current car I got comfort, ***, privacy and red calipers at close to 50% off list!

Pretty sure you will get a deal on the car as they are all pushing for a strong quarter plus as a cancelled order there must be some room to move, issue is they tend to try and get some back in PX but as you know what yours is worth could be promising if you play hard ball. Its up to you the offers there and happy to forward your details on so that you only speak to the decision makers. Same offer applies to any other users, what will I get, a free keyring if I'm lucky !!

No I do this to help you Guys and also gain some goodwill for my next deal :)

Reactions: AtotheK, Kugaman1 and Snake Pliskin
Jassyo06,

I was offered £23500 at wbac and wewantanycar offered £25000. Audi offered £24500, tight bathplugs.
They increased that to £26200 against a factory order RS3 but zero discount on the new car.

Maybe Im after too much! Im looking for a cost to change of £15k..... Not having much luck!

Im loathe to place a factory order unless the car is discounted because the imminent facelift will undoubtedly hit
values.....
Yip you have hit in a nutshell mate if your after a specific spec. Rs3 in the next 3/4 months your on to a hiding to nothing
Supply and demand as they say lol

Yip you have hit in a nutshell mate if your after a specific spec. Rs3 in the next 3/4 months your on to a hiding to nothing
Supply and demand as they say lol

It really has gone full circle hasn't it !

Maybe production has slowed for slight tooling changes for the facelift??

Im amazed that now the cars been around for a good few months, there doesnt seem to be any deals out there!

Supply and demand I suppose.

I would love an RS3 but Im not going to be bent over a barrel to get one.....its not like Im having to slum it in my S3!!

I might well have to just forget the idea until the market starts to swing back towards new buyers...

Part of the problem is theres been big discounts on the S3 which in turn is pushing the trade in prices people are getting offered lower and lower.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, hood and Kugaman1
Agreed mate, but it just opens up the gap between the S3 and RS3...

I dont want to pay more than £15k for a bigger engine and a few other differences.....I just dont see it....

Have to say Jassy I was surprised when you were quoting those discounts.No way was a 9% discount standard on RS3 surely.
Could it have been S3 discounts he was talking about?
I know a 2nd hand prestige dealer who was getting 8%discount on his own personal RS3(his 2nd as 1st one written off with less than 200 mls)through a mate who manages audi dealership.He said there was only 10% margin on RS3s.
This time next month is year end so maybe a better time to deal.

East Kent Audi - Inchcape have a beautiful Sepang Blue RS3 in their showroom with black wheels. I think its fully loaded! Might be worth giving them a call.

Have to say Jassy I was surprised when you were quoting those discounts.No way was a 9% discount standard on RS3 surely.
Could it have been S3 discounts he was talking about?
I know a 2nd hand prestige dealer who was getting 8%discount on his own personal RS3(his 2nd as 1st one written off with less than 200 mls)through a mate who manages audi dealership.He said there was only 10% margin on RS3s.
This time next month is year end so maybe a better time to deal.

I am only going by what l was told by my son and his senior management that was on a £50+ car
Yeah l ain't in a rush now but l think another month won't change anything deal wise, as there none to be had this of September l settled for someone else's canceled order on my S3.... Not going down the same route with another car
I will get March out the way see what happens then

Can't believe you didn't get a better deal at Aberdeen. I was looking at their website last night and they had 17 RS3 ready for delivery. There's no way they will shift those under the current situation in Aberdeen at the moment. Maybe they are getting interest from elsewhere.

Can't believe you didn't get a better deal at Aberdeen. I was looking at their website last night and they had 17 RS3 ready for delivery. There's no way they will shift those under the current situation in Aberdeen at the moment. Maybe they are getting interest from elsewhere.

Totally agree mate, I really thought Id get a deal.
On that stocklist there were 6 Sepangs.....now there is only 1 left and its a mega spec £50k car.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-bgaHHCIZxQcXVHLUpuak55MjA/view

The only Sepang deal they can offer is for a factory build and even then they are being ****** tight.

I also asked about a Daytona grey one they had in stock but they were only offering £1.5k above book for my trade in against full RRP of the RS3....pretty damn stingy I would say.

Anyway, will keep casually looking, no great rush, the right deal will come along!

Last edited:
The best deal they can offer is as follows on a factory order:

Audi RS3 Sepang with Dynamic pack and ***. List price £43095.
On this spec. Drive the Deal want £40068.79 (discount £3026.20)
Orangwheels want £41413 (discount £1678)

Already spoke to them about it last week.
The mileage is bs. Car currently has 1500 miles, is being used as a demo and wont be available for 2 months and even more miles....its also pretty basic spec.
Bog standard car indeed, virtually no options.

TX.

Have been offered a great deal on a factory order auto saloon with interior light package, rear parking, Audi sound system, folding mirrors, rain and light sensor pack, sepang paint.
Rrp £36930.

My 2015 manual s3 plus £8500. Equates to book price on mine and 10% off the saloon.....

If an rs3 isnt gonna be affordable, any thoughts? It gives me the auto box and adaptive suspension which I would like.....

Anyone driven an adaptive saloon, hows the ride quality?

Mag ride is a great improvement over the standard suspension.
Far less roll, and a more agile feel to the way it goes into corners.
Always had it in Dynamic on mine, but I've heard Comfort is the opposite end of the scale and a very good drive.

Personally, I don't think it's worth your car and £8.5k though (even if it's the best looking 8V, a Sepang Saloon).
Keep your money, save hard, bide your time and get something you'll think is more special, rather than a compromise, just because the finances work.

Reactions: T-800, hood, Kugaman1 and 1 other person
I think you're gonna always be hankering after an RS3 so i wouldn't swop your S3 for another,something will come along im sure.

Wise words guys, thanks.

Having had the night to sleep on it, Ive realised you are bang on....the saloon is a stunning looking car but is just another big depreciation hit on the way to an RS3.
I will keep hold of my S3, keep saving and keep looking for the right deal!

Once March is over with the new registrations the dealers are gonna be quiet and looking for business so im sure there will be a deal to be done.

Reactions: T-800 and Kugaman1
Gents, I did get Aberdeen Audi back to the table and trying to do a deal...

Heres were we got to

New Rs3 in Sepang with dynamic pack, *** and matt aluminium highlights pack, rrp £43790.
We got to a point where they would give 6.5% discount and £24750 for mine come trade in time (May).
That meant a cost to change of £16193.
My max budget was £15k.....at a real push I would go to £15500 but no joy. For the sake of £693 we just cant get to a deal....

I suppose they have minimum margins and I have maximum funds.....shame we couldnt quite get to a deal.....

At least hey were willing to try and deal, but it looks like 6.5% is as good a discount as anyone can hope for!

Reactions: 5pot, RGBARGEE, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Gents, I did get Aberdeen Audi back to the table and trying to do a deal...

Heres were we got to

New Rs3 in Sepang with dynamic pack, *** and matt aluminium highlights pack, rrp £43790.
We got to a point where they would give 6.5% discount and £24750 for mine come trade in time (May).
That meant a cost to change of £16193.
My max budget was £15k.....at a real push I would go to £15500 but no joy. For the sake of £693 we just cant get to a deal....

I suppose they have minimum margins and I have maximum funds.....shame we couldnt quite get to a deal.....

At least hey were willing to try and deal, but it looks like 6.5% is as good a discount as anyone can hope for!

Just lay it out on the table to them.....

For the sake of £693 it's a no brainer

Lay what out on the table!!!

Already did......£700 seems to be the sticking point......they say they have no room for any more discount and I aernt gonna pay anymore!

Time to ebay some goods for £700 notes mate :)

Gotta find that cash from somewhere - if you don't snap up this deal now, you might not get a better deal and regret it in the future.

Tell them you'll meet them half way @ £350 each - that usually does the trick !