Kayobong’s Detailing Log

Bought some Auto Finesse Tripple today at Halfords and gave the car a good clean, ending with the Tripple, seems to leave a really nice shine, bodywork is smooth and hopefully it'll last since it's probably going to have to hold up over winter. I'll post some pictures tomorrow since it just got dark as a finished.

On another note I accidentally left a small scratch on my door panel from my car keys, kicking myself for that one.

Reactions: NevMan
IMG 1467 IMG 1463

Clean shot from the other day & beading, can definitely give Autofinesse Tripple a good recommendation.

Reactions: Jassyo06
First clean in months, used my DA polisher for the first time on my lights and bonnet, just using Auto Finesse Tripple on the bonnet and some compound for heavy scratches on my lights as they were a bit scratched and I didn't have the time to give it all the attention needed, regardless my bonnet and lights are looking better, lights especially. Also gave the exhausts some extensive cleaning with some wire wool and polish.

Image1

Reactions: A4A4
@Kayobong - Must admit AF Tripple is one of my fave products
A true all rounder IMHO

Reactions: NevMan and Kayobong
IMG 1790 IMG 1795
Out with the rubber mats! I gave the car a spruce up on the weekend, finally got a nice interior shot. On a side note, tried the TFR from AutoFinesse and it's great stuff.

Reactions: A4A4
A TFR is a extreme.....product it will strip whatever LSP you have on the paint faster than a New York minute,but anyway go buy some Valet Pro Leather Soap plus a Leather Brush....and give that steering wheel and the leather bolsters a right good seeing too....They are far too shiny... leather = very dirty leather

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Kayobong
A TFR is a extreme.....product it will strip whatever LSP you have on the paint faster than a New York minute,but anyway go buy some Valet Pro Leather Soap plus a Leather Brush....and give that steering wheel and the leather bolsters a right good seeing too....They are far too shiny... leather = very dirty leather

I need to get my hands on some leather cleaner, I've just been using some detailing spray and shampoo for the interior. The citrus cleaner is very diluted which I prefer as I know legitimate TFR is deadly for paintwork.

All this ^ :thumbs up:

All this ^ :thumbs up:

In terms of brush, does it matter a great deal? These two brushes seem similar but there's a price difference, is it worth paying the extra for the valetpro brush?

www.amazon.co.uk/Valet-Leather-Cleaner-Cleaning-Brush/dp/B00IQR1S5U

www.amazon.co.uk/COLOURLOCK-interiors-alcantara-furniture-upholstery/dp/B00J7XSOLS/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X7DSJZEDB74CE5PSHWXT

In terms of brush, does it matter a great deal? These two brushes seem similar but there's a price difference, is it worth paying the extra for the valetpro brush?

www.amazon.co.uk/Valet-Leather-Cleaner-Cleaning-Brush/dp/B00IQR1S5U

www.amazon.co.uk/COLOURLOCK-interiors-alcantara-furniture-upholstery/dp/B00J7XSOLS/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X7DSJZEDB74CE5PSHWXT
Go with the colour lock one that's what l have but it's branded Swissvax as colour lock make a lot of leather products for other brands mate

Reactions: Kayobong and Bristle Hound
IMG 1867

Gave the motor a once over yesterday. Here's a picture I took today aside a Macan S. Noticed a few swirls, when the sun starts to come out so will the DA polisher.

Interior has also been done, used some Valet Pro leather cleaner as per @jassyo06 suggestion. Looks much improved.

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Jassyo06
Getting the hang of using the DA, full stage 2 paint correction on the driver side of the car (ran out time to do the rest). The car is looking lovely in the sun, really need to get the alloys re-diamond cut at some point... I've made a little album from pictures I took today, file size is too big to upload here so imgur will have to suffice.

UuLzfPs.jpg

VINokbm.jpg

pcF69ZZ.jpg
ZqWFNcy.jpg
rnfJTF6.jpg
Frj58mw.jpg
4RQEQDk.jpg
p6bYyHF.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man, A4A4, NevMan and 1 other person
Seems you're a proper convert more mate , can't see those photos though ....

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Got it now
Car looks great , big improvement from late last year mate

Got it now
Car looks great , big improvement from late last year mate

Cheers mate, yeah it's really addicting. I've been sucked in to the rabbit hole of detailing. Really drums up an expense if you want to do it properly.

Cheers mate, yeah it's really addicting. I've been sucked in to the rabbit hole of detailing. Really drums up an expense if you want to do it properly.
Sure dues but the rewards, makes you look at car detailing on a different way . I'll never let anyone other than me or a pro near my car...... Well maybe @jassyo06 but he's the other end of the world to me lol

Reactions: Kayobong
Sure dues but the rewards, makes you look at car detailing on a different way . I'll never let anyone other than me or a pro near my car...... Well maybe @jassyo06 but he's the other end of the world to me lol

Definitely, never going near a car-wash again!

Reactions: Scotty75
@Kayobong - Ahem - exhaust tips :whistle2::D
Just saying ...
lol

Diesel soot is a *******!! :whistle2: Didn't have time to break out the wire wool unfortunately, need to get some of that autosol from halfrauds as I see a lot of recommendations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Diesel soot is a *******!! :whistle2: Didn't have time to break out the wire wool unfortunately, need to get some of that autosol from halfrauds as I see a lot of recommendations.
Or GTechniq M1. Another "tip" is to coat the tips in ceramic, like C5 after cleaning and polishing. did that with JCW and SO easy to keep clean
JCW Pipes

Reactions: Kayobong and Scotty75
Getting the hang of using the DA, full stage 2 paint correction on the driver side of the car (ran out time to do the rest). The car is looking lovely in the sun, really need to get the alloys re-diamond cut at some point... I've made a little album from pictures I took today, file size is too big to upload here so imgur will have to suffice.

UuLzfPs.jpg

VINokbm.jpg

pcF69ZZ.jpg
ZqWFNcy.jpg
rnfJTF6.jpg
Frj58mw.jpg
4RQEQDk.jpg
p6bYyHF.jpg
Never in a million years are you going to correct a full car when you choose to compound then polish, concentrating on one side like you did and getting that result is the best way,the finish looks excellent and can't wait to see the car once you've completed it. . . 10/10 mate

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Kayobong and Scotty75
Never in a million years are you going to correct a full car when you choose to compound then polish, concentrating on one side like you did and getting that result is the best way,the finish looks excellent and can't wait to see once you've completed it. . . 10/10 mate

Cheers mate, really appreciate the kind words. Once you start to get the hang of this detailing lark the hard work starts to pay off :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Gave two friends a detail today one just picked up a DSG 2.0T 8P A3 3dr Sline and was keen to give it some protection, so that was decontaminated and given a sealant. The other friend has an interesting car, a 1987 Nissan Bluebird, and that was one hell of a task, not once in 31 years has that car been decontaminated or detailed and as a result it has picked up the most tar and fallout I've ever seen. It was a long day but a lot got done. Below are some pictures of the two cars and a before/after on some of the Bluebird's tar.
Edit 52497262 AFE0 4F40 947B CC2115786CB6

Reactions: DW81, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 2 others
proper pro detailer now...next up you need to correct then ceramic coat your car to lock in the shine and protect it :)

proper pro detailer now...next up you need to correct then ceramic coat your car to lock in the shine and protect it :)

Defo on my list mate, appreciate the kind words.

Quick routine detail, been a while since I've posted and the old girl is going soon, whatever comes next will be just as looked after.

My routine detail consists of the following items:
- Meguiars lambs wool wash mitt for paint
- Gyeon Q2m washmitt for wheels
- G3 Pro clay mitt
- Two buckets with grit guards
- Nilfisk C120 pressure washer
- Autobrite foam lance
- Autofinesse aqua deluxe drying towel.
- Autofinesse citrus power
- Autoglym shampoo
- Autoglym acid wheel cleaner
- Pure definition clay lube

I have bought some Sonax perfect finish which I am looking forward to using, however I will probably wait until the car sells so I can use it as a send off.

IMG 2350 IMG 2351

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Looking good mate So what are you planning on getting next?

Looking good mate So what are you planning on getting next?

8P S3 or an A5 black edition, possibly a golf GTI or maybe another A3 8V, a Quattro STronic though. I'm feeling the need for a petrol.

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Scotty75
Gave the car a much needed clean today, it's been a while. I couldn't resist trying out the sonax perfect finish so I applied that to the rear half of the car and the results definitely show, so I'll be finishing off the rest of the car at some point.

IMG 2383

IMG 2384

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
One seriously tidy motor there, a lucky future owner :icon thumright:

Reactions: Kayobong and Scotty75
One seriously tidy motor there, a lucky future owner :icon thumright:

Cheers mate, it is by no means perfect though, a few stone chips on the bonnet and bumper letting the side down somewhat. It also rained today so unfortunately the cleanliness didn't last long. :hopelessness:

Detailed my dad's car yesterday, it really gets abused, occasional use for work when his van isn't available and always has dogs on the back seats, when taking them for walks, etc. It took me roughly 6 hours to do the whole car inside and out, but it came out looking rather nice considering it is very neglected in terms of being cleaned.

IMG 2411 IMG 2412 IMG 2413

Reactions: A4A4, Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Detailed my dad's car yesterday, it really gets abused, occasional use for work when his van isn't available and always has dogs on the back seats, when taking them for walks, etc. It took me roughly 6 hours to do the whole car inside and out, but it came out looking rather nice considering it is very neglected in terms of being cleaned.

View attachment 188109 View attachment 188108 View attachment 188110

Pucker Job...really.....mate...Not the most rewarding paint colour to detail...but you done well some nice reflections

Reactions: Scotty75, NevMan and Kayobong