Karcher Foam Lance

jay07

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone use a Karcher foam lance for snow foam application?
If so how good is it?
Thanks

i use the karcher foam bottle, but just on the end of a hose - and it gives the same results from what i have seen.

The Karcher brand foam gun that can be bought for around £14 from places like Halfords is okay, giving plenty of foam, albeit thin and fairly runny. Much better if you can afford it is an Auto-Brite style lance, which will give a huge amount of ultra thick clinging foam, albeit for nearly £50. Here is an example image showing how good the foam from the latter is...

gti050607b.jpg

In all cases, no matter what foam gun you use, the best foaming agent in my opinion is Meguiars Hyper Wash; gentle but effective, and a crazy 400:1 dilution ratio!

Theres quite a few foam lances for the Karcher. Whats the best one to go for as the prices are pretty varied?

Is it best to use warm water with the lance? I might try and hook up a warm water tap outside if the benefits are worthy...

Yes, absolutely - warm water vastly enhances the cleaning power of foam and of water itself, to the point where touchless washing is almost possible with a hot water pressure washer. Think of it like doing your dishes after a Sunday roast - with cold water no chance, but hot water, cuts the grease and fat no problem at all. :yes:

It'll be the shampoo - you need Hyper Wash in your life for sticky foam! :)

what is the right amount ( in ml.) of hyper wash in 1 L. bottle for
sticky foam and not stripping wax/lsp

Yeh, being able to hook up to a hot water connection is worth the effort. I've always used the cold water tap on the outside wall. Just recently though, my brain has come alive!! My drive is right outside the kitchen window so I bought a connector for the kitchen hot water tap and I've revolutionised my own wash routine, all for 8 quid!! Don't ask why I didn't think of that before please!!

The pressure isn't as good as the CW pressure but it's well enough for the job.

I use 200ml Autobrite SupaSnowFoam and I add one dollop of Maxi Suds and have been pretty happy with that combo. Now it's even better with the hot water!! Every stage of the wash is now with hot water and the difference in the car's appearance is very noticeable. Richard is correct in saying that it almost produces that touchless wash solution to a tee.

Now, finish it all off with a hot water hand wash (if you have the time) and do all the rinsing with hot water and you will achieve the best wash you can get.:icon_thumright:

what is the right amount ( in ml.) of hyper wash in 1 L. bottle for
sticky foam and not stripping wax/lsp

About 100ml of Hyper Wash is about right, and you should then fill the rest of the bottle with warm water to the brim. Then screw the injector head back on, shake gently to mix the contents and then you are good to go. :icon_thumright:

Yeh, being able to hook up to a hot water connection is worth the effort. I've always used the cold water tap on the outside wall. Just recently though, my brain has come alive!! My drive is right outside the kitchen window so I bought a connector for the kitchen hot water tap and I've revolutionised my own wash routine, all for 8 quid!! Don't ask why I didn't think of that before please!!

The pressure isn't as good as the CW pressure but it's well enough for the job.

I use 200ml Autobrite SupaSnowFoam and I add one dollop of Maxi Suds and have been pretty happy with that combo. Now it's even better with the hot water!! Every stage of the wash is now with hot water and the difference in the car's appearance is very noticeable. Richard is correct in saying that it almost produces that touchless wash solution to a tee.

Now, finish it all off with a hot water hand wash (if you have the time) and do all the rinsing with hot water and you will achieve the best wash you can get.:icon_thumright:

Woo-hoo! One you have moved over to hot water for the whole procedure, there is no going back lol! :cool:

Thanks a lot Rich, one more stupid question.Do you usually foam the car while it
dry or pre rinse?

I tend to pre-rinse with hot water these days, but in reality it makes little difference. Using cold water, I'd be more likely to foam first onto the dry car, then rinse this off at pressure after 5 minutes, then foam again prior to hand washing. As I said though, dry or wet makes relatively little difference. :)