K04 turbo replacement

Rob_k

Reaction score
Hi guys I've been having turbo trouble on my S3, problems with boosting, overboosting then safe mode and now a rattle at high revs so looks like a replacement is due! How much am I looking at for a k04? I've seen prices from xs power a's low as £330. Surely this isn't right?

Cars standard btw with decat/downpipe, air filter replacement, forge 007 And remap planned

Hi Rob, your problem with overboosting may not be fixed by spending £££'s on a new turbo and the rattle could be anything lol

Have you had the car scanned for faults?? The overboosting could be a simple fix.....

i wouldnt buy a new turbo off ebay either. itll be one of those knock off nigels.

Sandips right u should do a scan first n go from there mate.

I'm a mechanic/mot tester I've scanned the car various times, replaced a faulty maf and I've got a n75 on the way. But the rattle definitely seems to be the turbo. I'll have it off in the next few days to check it over.
The xs power turbo is straight from there site not eBay but I have heard horror stories.

Does anyone know any good sellers and what should be expected to pay? I'm tempted by the backdraft hybrid rebuilt!