K04 turbo fitment

Cmw9

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the k04 turbo from the s3 will fit my a3 2.0tfsi (2.0tsi ea888 engine). They look identical in pictures with the only noticeable difference being the dv relocation. Has anyone done this? Im thinking i may be about to get a k04 upgrade with out having to pay out 2.5k to apr

Yes, you need to swap the oil/coolant bungs round though, theres a manual on apr website if I remember correctly
HTH

Can you explain why? It all looks the same to me just a few modifications required

Can you explain why? It all looks the same to me just a few modifications required
If by few modifications you mean cutting off the turbo muffler and welding on a new 2.5" outlet due to clearance issues with the head, and blocking off the pcv and relocate the DV, then yep it would fit.

Ok thanks i didnt ask for any sarcasm just more than no it wont fit but thanks anyway

This link begs to differ sliced regarding being able to fit the K04 to the TSI:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30086

Although I do agree it's a lot of work - although it seems like about the same amount of work as K03 to K04 on the TFSI

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex yes that's the guide I used when doing mine. It's a tsi K04 turbo(supplied by apr) they are fitting, if you see post 182 of the thread you posted it will clarify it