K04 turbo and fuel injector issue

s3black

Reaction score
:think: this is how i am feeling lol

Ok so i stripped the fuel rail down yesterday as there was a bit of seepage from the injectors. When i disconected everything (nice and easy job to do for once) there seemed to be lots of wet black sludge all coating all of the injectors. I know they had a bit of seepage from the top but they were filthy. Hissing now all gone lol

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this before? and what could be an underlying problem.

I also have I realy bad boost leak which is like intermitant on full boost. Feels like i am getting 70% power.
To me it sounds like a harsh roar like noise from around the turbo area when full acceleration.
I have recently popped a forge TIP on with a jettex so i know that it is not this leaking. Also i have checked the top boost hose and again this is ok with no rips or tears in it.
D/V hoses are good too.

Could it be something at the rear on the turbo? like a cracked mani or gasket?

As i say the noise is quite crackly/aggressive

Any help would be great

Thanks

Sounds like cracked manifold or DP, worse it could be a cracked turbo if you're making less power...

As for the injectors mate, get yourself an ultrasonic cleaner and clean them a few times to get all the sh*te out of them and off of them. While you're at it, run the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) through the cleaner too.

Hope this helps

I would say manni to turbo gasket...

as for sludge around the injectors, petrol cleans things so its not the injectors, more like a fine spray coming up from under the manni from spaghetti junction...

Thanks,

this is what i was thinking! about it being the turbo gasket as when accelerating it feels juddery and a crackly roar sound to go with it.

I am going to attach some pics to show you the injectors before i cleaned them with carb cleaner : ) it is defo not gunk from the road or that as it is down the sides of the injectors on all 4 of them.

Photo1Photo

Has anyone taken a wee look at the pictures i have uploaded? Any advise on the muck that is on these things would be great lol

Just looks like the o-rings are leaking... fairly normal... new o-rings and a clean up will sort that..

The gunk is just normal blow by of oil from the PCV system... if you do a PCV delete and catch can install then no oil will be getting into the inlet tract and new seals (maybe replace the injector inserts too... the plastics things...) and that will sort... see this all the time :)

<tuffty/>

Thank you Tuffty :rock:

I have changed them now but was just wondering if there may be an underlying problem seeing as there is so much wet gunk lol.

Whats the PVC delete? oh and im sure you will know but is ther any point in the N249 bypass?